All of my pics are blank, the outlines are there but the pics are blank. How do I get them to re appear?Ask your question.
Currently Being ModeratedRe: All of my pics are blank, the outlines are there but the pics are blank. How do I get them to re appear?Ask your question.Nov 16, 2012 8:52 AM (in response to boyscout373)
There are 9 different versions of iPhoto and they run on eight different versions of the Operating System. The tricks and tips for dealing with issues vary from version to version and OS to OS. So before anyone can help, they need information to work with. Things like:
- What version of iPhoto.
- What version of the Operating System.
- Details. What were you doing when the problem arose?
- Did it ever work properly?
- Are there error messages?
- What steps have you tried already to solve the issue.
Anything else you can think of that might allow someone else to understand your issue.
Currently Being ModeratedRe: All of my pics are blank, the outlines are there but the pics are blank. How do I get them to re appear?Ask your question.Nov 16, 2012 1:49 PM (in response to Terence Devlin)
Thanks for the help.... this is what I have and what I have attempted to do.
I am using iPhoto 5 version
I am using the 10.4.11 OS
I noticed that the pics were blank when I opened iPhoto. Before that time it has always operated fine.
I removed the iPhoto Library from the hard drive and placed it on the desk top. I then held down the option
key and restarted the iPhoto program. I then chose to rebuild the Library and tried to import the Library from
desktop. No pics came through. Still blank. Only outlines of all the pics that were there originally.
Beyond trying to rebuild the Library I do not know any other "things" to try. I appreciate any help or suggestions.
Currently Being ModeratedRe: All of my pics are blank, the outlines are there but the pics are blank. How do I get them to re appear?Ask your question.Nov 16, 2012 2:28 PM (in response to boyscout373)
Move the library back into your Pictures folder and open it. Then close it and try rebuilding again.
Select the options checked in this screenshot:
If that fails continue with this:
Using iPhoto Library Manager to Rebuild Your iPhoto Library
- Download iPhoto Library Manager and launch.
- Click on the Add Library button, navigate to your Home/Pictures folder and select your iPhoto Library folder.
- Now that the library is listed in the left hand pane of iPLM, click on your library and go to the File ➙ Rebuild Library menu option
- In the next window name the new library and select the location you want it to be placed.
- Click on the Create button.
Note: This creates a new library based on the LIbraryData.xml file in the library and will recover Events, Albums, keywords, titles and comments. However, books, calendars, cards and slideshows will be lost. The original library will be left untouched for further attempts at fixing the problem or in case the rebuilt library is not satisfactory.