1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 93 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2013 10:18 AM by Denbo_1 Go to original post
  • 75. Re: WebKit2WebProcess.exe
    appleisforme Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    xpcomdll.JPG this is what i got when i tried to update or check for updates what does this mean?

  • 76. Re: WebKit2WebProcess.exe
    AKAJEF Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

    appleisforme wrote:

     

    xpcomdll.JPG this is what i got when i tried to update or check for updates what does this mean?

    You are posting this issue in a wrong thread. Start a new one in the Apple support community. The QTS timer for WebKit2WebProcess.exe and other errors compared to the subject here doesn't have anything in common.

  • 77. Re: WebKit2WebProcess.exe
    JJANRY93 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Had this problem also!  I'm running windows xp sp3. Solved this problem by using the repair button in add/remove programs for safari.  Then went to task manager and set WebKit2process to normal.  Seems to be working very smooth now.  I hope this helps someone.

  • 78. Re: WebKit2WebProcess.exe
    mcandre Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Repair works for me as well.

     

    Windows + R -> appwiz.cpl -> Right click Safari -> Repair.

     

    Specs:

     

    * Safari 5.1.7

    * Windows 8 Professional x64

    * BootCamp 4.0

    * MacBook Pro 2009

  • 79. Re: WebKit2WebProcess.exe
    AKAJEF Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

    mcandre wrote:

     

    Repair works for me as well.

     

    Windows + R -> appwiz.cpl -> Right click Safari -> Repair.

     

    Specs:

     

    * Safari 5.1.7

    * Windows 8 Professional x64

    * BootCamp 4.0

    * MacBook Pro 2009


    You are posting something which is not relevant. You can't compare this issue with Windows PC's which the case is about.

  • 80. Re: WebKit2WebProcess.exe
    mcandre Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Was I speaking to you? Excuse me for helping people solve their problems. Do something better with your life than erroneously whining "off topic".

  • 81. Re: WebKit2WebProcess.exe
    AKAJEF Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

    mcandre wrote:

     

    Was I speaking to you? Excuse me for helping people solve their problems. Do something better with your life than erroneously whining "off topic".

     

    As a matter of fact you're not helping anyone. Good try, but what is your solution?

    Safari can't be repaired becuase it is and will never be fully compatible with Windows.

  • 82. Re: WebKit2WebProcess.exe
    100 Watt Walrus Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    scratch this whole post. misread. still, this place could do with a lot less snark.

  • 83. Re: WebKit2WebProcess.exe
    AKAJEF Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

    100 Watt Walrus wrote:

     

    scratch this whole post. misread. still, this place could do with a lot less snark.

     

    100 Watt Walrus wrote:

     

    :Why are people so dang snarky in these forums? Aren't we all here to help each other?

    Take note that this thead IS about Windows. It's about WebKit2WebProcess.exe.

     

     

     

    Of course. But it's about Windows as you state in your first post.

  • 84. Re: WebKit2WebProcess.exe
    JJANRY93 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Agree,  this is meant to help people with this problem.  When originally posted, I noticed many people running different machines and OS.  The webkit2process.exe was the common problem.  I just thought that what solved my problem might help someone.   "If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say anything at all!

    Also.. 3 months have passed and no problems since.  Again I hope my post helped someone, it shouldn't have opened a can of worms!

  • 85. Re: WebKit2WebProcess.exe
    hel_len Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    heh...

    yes here generally so... :::Open a new subject, we will set to you smilies...

  • 86. Re: WebKit2WebProcess.exe
    AKAJEF Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

    hel_len wrote:

     

    heh...

    yes here generally so... :::Open a new subject, we will set to you smilies...

     

  • 87. Re: WebKit2WebProcess.exe
    AKAJEF Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

    JJANRY93 wrote:

     

    Agree,  this is meant to help people with this problem.  When originally posted, I noticed many people running different machines and OS.  The webkit2process.exe was the common problem.  I just thought that what solved my problem might help someone.   "If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say anything at all!

    Also.. 3 months have passed and no problems since.  Again I hope my post helped someone, it shouldn't have opened a can of worms!

     

    melodysnowleopard started the thread and it's about Windows in general.

  • 88. Re: WebKit2WebProcess.exe
    ChaosMen Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    I too have had this problem.

     

    WIndow 7 64, all patched up.

     

    I usually use Firefox, and it would crash a lot when I was at iCloud.com.  The error happens mostly when I change to the Address Book or Calendar.  I got a javascript error that would ask me if I wanted to stop running the script. I have seen this error in other threads, and not seen an answer...other than install Safari.

     

    Which I did, and now get bascially the same kinda crash, but it is with the Web2Kit.  Safari will restart, and it has happened mostly when I am writing a new email. Thankfully I can find most of the email in the Draft box.

     

    It just makes me wonder if the two crashes are related.

     

    Both crashes in each browser will stop the browser from getting Push notifications about new email messages and I have to manually refresh the browser to get newest emails until I either kill all browser proceses or restart the computer.

     

    To be honest, as much as I keep iCloud open via a browser, I wouldn't mind a self-contained full-blown iCloud application like say Outlook. (Yes I know I could run and sync Outlook, but gave up on those two playing nicely together as well). Accessing iCloud via a browser on WinOs seems very buggy.

     

    A self-contained App would be nice so all the plugins and other script tools wouldn't crash it, and we could use the web browser access in a pinch if we wanted to access from another computer.

     

    I have tried disabling the RSS feeds as well as the Java to see if the Web2Kit will stop crashing randomly though.

  • 89. Re: WebKit2WebProcess.exe
    dmoyer Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    mcandre - just wanted to thank you for this you posted.  this fixed my problem both on my mac virtual windows and my other windows machine. 

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next