You may upgrade Lion only to Mountain Lion if it meets the other requirements:
Macs that can be upgraded to OS X Mountain Lion
1. iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
2. MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
3. MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
4. MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
5. Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
6. Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
7. Xserve (Early 2009)Please do not post serial numbers.
Im not able to update my OS , as it says ur computer not compatable , im currently on OS X Lion
Then your system is not compatible with Mountain Lion.
The data you provided about your Mac is conflicting. You claim to have a MacBook Pro, but to my knowledge only MacBooks shipped with GMA X3100 graphics sections.
Click on the Apple Menu's "About This Mac," "More Info," to properly identify your Mac.
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB41.00C1.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.31f1
Sudden Motion Sensor:
The MacBook4,1 (13", Early 2008, Late 2008 Polycarbonate) is not capable of running Mountain Lion. Lion is the limit. The MacBook5,1 is the minimum requirement for Mountain Lion.
- iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
- MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
- Xserve (Early 2009)
- MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
- Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
You need to correct the info in your TAG.