I am outraged. If this is spyware hiccup-ing I'm filing a lawsuit. Personal data is not supposed to exist after deletion; this is blasphemy. If I don't receive and answer soon apple is going to be receiving some emails. There's a view counter, I can see all your morals fading away with every rise. This better be resolved, soon. Get on it.
You need to get a grip. Spyware, lawsuits and blasphemy....
Do you even know what the word blasphemy means? (I find it hard to believe that you do!)
With an attitude like yours, why would anyone want to help you? Huh?
So - that said, against my better judgement, you have a choice. Either;
- post up a screenshot so we can see what you're talking about (and show some humility while you're about it) or
- take this post as a non-answer and send your emails. I'm sure Apple's legal team will be only to pleased to deal with you.
I think if you knew exactly what was going on you'd have a little more sympathy. While I did rage foolishly up above, this is no place for offense. I am not entirely sure how to post screenshots on text-only replies, or if links are allowed. Companies aren't perfect; remember Google's backfire with their spyware? I'm not accusing anything yet, just would like to know if I missed something in the manual or if I've done something in the settings. I've looked around the Internet, and haven't found anything helpful, so making this a knowledgeable thread would help others with similar predicaments. That anger was not directed towards you, so don't feel it's personal. I apologize. Anything useful?
...In the meantime...
- If you can get one of these faulty pictures to display on your iPod Touch (that you don't mind sharing with us) take a screenshot of it. You may already know this, but to take a screenshot on your iPod Touch, press the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time. The screen should briefly flash white and a picture should be saved in the camera roll.
- To post that picture on this thread, once you have saved the picture onto your computer, simply click the camera icon at the menu bar that displays when you write a post and follow the prompt:
and then perhaps someone may be able to throw some light on what's happening.
- Do you delete the pictures directly from the Camera Roll, or by using the file manager on your computer? I wonder if it's possible that a delete-on-iPod may not be doing the job properly.
- Usually, when I Sync my iPod, I delete the Camera Roll from the iPod using the computer.
I have not seen any other posts on this issue, so I don't know if that's the problem, but at this time, I think you simply have to narrow down when and under what circumstances, this happens. Only then could anyone work out what the cause is.
If I may offer you some advice of a personal nature for your future benefit:
You're correct, I don't know the exact circumstances surrounding this or the other factors in your life, but neither I, nor anyone else here needs to. But the fact that you're able to afford - and have access to - an iPod makes your life better than many in the world.
If you're seeking help or advice, in any sphere of your life, it's far more efficient to concentrate on the facts relevant to the issue than to attempt include into your narrative, any perceived slighting you may harbour or grievance you may have with other people. If you allow one person's effect on you to affect your judgemnent of other people, you will only make your own life more intolerable.