Currently Being ModeratedNov 18, 2012 12:01 AM (in response to casperillo)
Several issues here:
1. Software updates done wirelessly on the phone are available only if iOS 5 or later is already installed.
2. If you actually have an iPhone 3GS, the current update is iOS 6.0.1. iOS 4.2.1 is no longer available and can no longer be installed if you already downloaded in.
3. If you actually have an iPhone 3G, iOS 4.2.1 is the current (and LAST) update available.
This may indicate a hardware issue with your device. Follow Troubleshooting security software issues, and restore your device on a different known-good computer. If the errors persist on another computer, the device may need service.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 11, 2013 1:49 PM (in response to iosotaku55)
You realize that you're responding to a post 3 months old and that the OP already attempted an iTunes update which created an error message (which you didn't address). Right?
It's a good idea to read the entire thread before responding. Right?
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 11, 2013 2:07 PM (in response to modular747)
I was fully aware of what the question was and I had no real interest
In when it was posted or how to solve it, I simply wanted to point out
That the iPhone 3GS never was on 2.2.1 (like title says) because its 3rd gen
And started with 3.0 and that it could
Only be the 3G iPhone 2nd Gen.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points