My new iphone5 will not sync to my Mac because my Mac does not have itunes 10.7. I cannot install 10.7 because I need 10.6.8 Mac OS..but my Mac on 10.6.3 telles me it is up to date.
Try installing the OS X 10.6.8 Combo update.
Download it from here:
Thanks, I thought you were referring to Mac OS X 10.6.3.
iPhone 5 requires iTunes 10.7, so you must upgrade OS X. Easy enough, as long as your Mac meets its requirements.
To upgrade from OS X 10.5.8, you must first buy Snow Leopard by calling the phone number in the Apple Online Store: 800-MY-APPLE (in the US). Snow Leopard costs $20, or $30 for a five user license. Do not obtain Snow Leopard from any source other than Apple.
Make sure your system meets Snow Leopard's requirements:
To install Snow Leopard for the first time, you must have a Mac with:
- An Intel processor
- An internal or external DVD drive, or DVD or CD Sharing
- At least 1 GB of memory (RAM) (additional RAM is recommended)
- A built-in display or a display connected to an Apple-supplied video card supported by your computer
- At least 5 GB of disk space available, or 7 GB of disk space if you install the developer tools
After you install Snow Leopard you can decide if you want to upgrade OS X to the latest version, Mountain Lion. Mountain Lion is available in the Mac App Store, which is available to you after upgrading to Snow Leopard.MacBooks iMacs iPods AirPorts, OS X Mountain Lion, 27 years Apple!
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points