Currently Being ModeratedNov 19, 2012 7:06 PM (in response to stephmarsic)
Without telling us which machines you are using (one of them apparently is a Macbook and please, please don't just say the other is an iMac which covers like 30 models) and which operating system versions and which iTunes versions we really can't help much. Certain devices, certain iOS versions, and certain iTunes versions require certain OSX operating systems which will only run on a specific set of hardware.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 20, 2012 9:36 AM (in response to stephmarsic)
Again, your initial post makes it sound like you have several computers since this is apparantly working on one computer somewhere, but you only mention one computer in your reply. I am not sure exactly which version of iTunes an iphone 4S requires but I'll bet it has to be higher than iTunes 9.2 To run anything newer than iTunes 9.2 will require you upgrade the operating system.
1) Make sure your computer meets Snow Leopard technical specifications - http://support.apple.com/kb/SP575 This mostly means making sure it is an Intel Mac and has at least 1GB RAM (at least 2 GB is recommended). Go to the Apple in the upper left corner of any window, then "About This Mac". Does it mention "PowerPC" (not Intel), or Intel? To check RAM continue to "More Info...". It should say you have at least 1GB of "memory".
2) Apple no longer carries 10.6 in its stores or online. Telephone Apple to purchase a Snow Leopard disc. In the USA: (800) 676-2775 (contact information for other countries: http://support.apple.com/kb/HE57)
Alternatively you can buy from online retailers but anticipate paying much more than the original price which is the price still charged by Apple
3) Backing up your computer before upgrading is always a good idea.
4) After installing from the DVD, update your Snow Leopard installation using Software Update or manually downloading and installing the Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v.1.1 - http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points