Does the iPod connect OK to other networks?
Do other devices have any problems on the network?
Did the iPod work OK before?
- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost
Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at
least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
- Power off and then back on the router
- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings
- Restore from backup. See:
- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.
- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.
My iPod touch 4th Gen is dropping wi-fi while using it, usually while loading a web page or loading the App Store. It's quick, I'll notice the wi-fi icon disappear and reappear within 1-3 seconds. It seems like a too many running processes are causing it, because right about the time the device slows is when the wi-fi drops.
I did a network settings restore and didn't help so then restored my iPod to new and also reset my wireless router and to my surprise didn't help. iPods running iOS 6.0.1, my other devices like iPhone and iPad with the same OS is fine. I'm guessing its the CPU thing that's doing it.