1 28 29 30 31 32 Previous Next 528 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2013 2:45 PM by andytvcams Go to original post Branched to a new discussion.
  • 435. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    carl wolf Level 6 Level 6 (14,040 points)

    "the stupid new lightning adapter with lack of accessory support."

     

    Simultaneous with the release of Apple's adapter, third-party vendors also made adapters available.  As a matter of fact, they were considerably cheaper than Apple's.  Too, Apple cannot force third-parties to provide accessories.  Finally, Apple walks a fine line regarding accessory availability, and compromising its IP.  Several years a go, an Apple employee received several million dollars in bribes from one accessory vendor to get a early product information.  It did not end well for him.

     

    "Mind to give me an example of a company releasing their flagship product more than once in a single fiscal year?"

    Your assumption that Apple is just like any other company is wrong.

  • 436. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    MyMac8MyPC Level 4 Level 4 (1,440 points)

    OH look! The Samslum Galaxy SIII was available on July 2012, and the new S4 is now due to come out in a few months (Feb 2013) Lions and tigers and bears, oh my... what will the whiners do? They've sworn not to buy another Apple product and now it looks like they won't be buying samslum products either. Eventually they'll run out of manufactures. LOL

     

     

    Quote:

    ...the Samsung Galaxy S4 would come less than a year after its widely popular Galaxy S3

  • 437. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    mickeyau Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Ah I think there you have the issue...when HTC, samsung, etc. release a new e.g. phone it'll be e.g. $800 and then 6 months later it'll probably be less say $600 reflecting the fact a new one is 'around the corner'. And you'll hear about the new one's specs, etc. to weigh up is it worth waiting an extra couple of months for the new $800 phone due out or save $200 by getting the current one.

     

    So by the time it actually is released at a minimum the old one will then be sold at say $500 and be known as the old one and therefore really you take the choice.

     

    Your arguments doesn't help out my situation which was my uncle going into a store asking for the new ipad AFTER the release of the ipad 4th gen and being sold the ipad 3rd gen for the same price. So he did buy an obsolete product at top dollar expecting it to be the latest iteration. If you say 'it functions the way you want it to you are therefore whining' no it doesn't and it's also bound to not support the same software in the future as the 4th gen which is the whole reason of waiting for the latest version to be released. The fact the ipad 3rd gen is not on the website after the announcement of the 4th gen meant that even if my uncle knew what to look for on the website he'd only see information about the 4th gen and going into the store asking for the new ipad would believe that the only ones for sale would be the current ipad and the ipad 2.

     

    Your other argument of essentially buyer beware flies in the face of the Apple marketing machine promoting their "user friendly people products" ... you're saying that someone who doesn't know that much about computers shouldn't buy an Apple product because they need to know everything about it first. Unfortunately, you'll find that, iSheep excepted, those that know about computers realise Apple products are not the best bang for your buck. I only hope more people wake up to it like they did in the 80's. Sure Apple have made some great innovations over time but you can't keep riding on your coattails and treating your customer base with arrogance.

  • 438. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    carl wolf Level 6 Level 6 (14,040 points)

    "Your arguments doesn't help out my situation which was my uncle going into a store asking for the new ipad "

    I know, there are a plethora of reasons that your uncle did not perform due diligance, or return the iPad.  We've been around this block weeks ago.  Rather than moving on, you want to remain here, sullen, perturbed, and prickly.  As long as you clean up after yourself, feel free to hang around.  Easy does not factor into grown-up life.  Regardless, I'm not sure why you believe that it's up to us to provide a solution for a situation that your uncle got himself into.

  • 439. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    Mill4n Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Maybe I should clarify...

     

    It is not the 'adapter' that im moaning about. However my company has got an iPhone 5 already and realistically the adapter provided by apple and 3rd parties is not usable on a docking station.

     

    Secondly if you can find a docking station that I can go into a store and buy I would happily.

     

    Its more an issue of Apple not planning ahead. I would gladly upgrade my iPhone (@Mac please note I have not said I will not buy another apple product merely that I am disappointed by the way this has been handled) however the fact I cannot get a docking station for my Car or Desk is the biggest issue and one that really annoys me.

     

    Lastly "Apple Maps" is useless and there is not a single notice of a replacement 'TomTom' Style car kit where it'll charge and allow me to play music without having to plug the Aux In cable to the phone every time I get in/out of my car...

  • 440. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    MyMac8MyPC Level 4 Level 4 (1,440 points)

    Mill4n wrote:

     

    However my company has got an iPhone 5 already and realistically the adapter provided by apple and 3rd parties is not usable on a docking station.

    The adapter that comes with the iPhone 5 was not meant to be used with docking stations. I believe most people are having the best luck with THIS Apple adapter plugged into their docks.

     

     


    Mill4n wrote:

     

    Secondly if you can find a docking station that I can go into a store and buy I would happily.

    I used a search engine and found many lightning docks, including two new ones coming out by JBL soon. Only you know what you're looking for but I would start there.

     

     


    Mill4n wrote:

     

    Its more an issue of Apple not planning ahead.

    Apple has been using the old connector for at least 9 years now and has been planing all that time to replace the 30 pin with something better. I don't know how much more they could have planned ahead.

     

     


    Mill4n wrote:

     

    the fact I cannot get a docking station for my Car or Desk is the biggest issue and one that really annoys me.

    The adapter for the car is a special issue. There is a feature called iPod Out protocol. These are being tested now and should be available shorly. I think the setback had to do with BMW licensing since they helped develop the feature.

     

     


    Mill4n wrote:

     

    Lastly "Apple Maps" is useless and there is not a single notice of a replacement 'TomTom' Style car kit where it'll charge and allow me to play music without having to plug the Aux In cable to the phone every time I get in/out of my car...

    I'm not sure what you're looking for. If you want a replacement for Apple maps then I think nokia just introduced a free option. You can find more information about it HERE (which is funny because that is what it's called "Here" ). If you're looking for a new car kit then they are coming out shortly.

  • 441. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    MyMac8MyPC Level 4 Level 4 (1,440 points)

    mickeyau wrote:

     

    Ah I think there you have the issue...when HTC, samsung, etc. release a new e.g. phone it'll be e.g. $800 and then 6 months later it'll probably be less say $600 reflecting the fact a new one is 'around the corner'. And you'll hear about the new one's specs, etc. to weigh up is it worth waiting an extra couple of months for the new $800 phone due out or save $200 by getting the current one.

    Yes I was going to get an samslum SIII but I'm really glad i didn't now, because there are already other phones out that make the SIII look old. That's how fast technology is moving. I would never get an iPhone or windows phone so android is my only real option. I would also never pay 800.00 for a phone, I mean seriously, it's a phone! Why would anyone spend more for a phone than a wide screen HDTV is beyond me, but I digress

     

     

     

    mickeyau wrote:

     

    Your arguments doesn't help out my situation which was my uncle going into a store asking for the new ipad AFTER the release of the ipad 4th gen and being sold the ipad 3rd gen for the same price.

    We've been over this before. So basically someone tells your uncle "I have some prime swampland to sell you" and you are concerned about the seller when he says yes? If you don't see anything wrong with that picture then get ready for him spending a lot of money on useless stuff. I agree that Apple should have a better product naming structure BUT it's their product and they can call it the "little red wagon" if they want to and they would still be in their rights. Why Apple isn't naming their products better I don't understand, but it's hurting Apple too (I know people who haven't bought an iPad because of the naming confusion) so all you can do is shrug your shoulders and wonder why they're doing it.

     

    That doesn't excuse your uncle from being responsible for his actions. So many questions come to mind; like why didn't he go to the Apple site after he bought it to make sure he bought the right product? Why didn't he just send you the money so that you could buy what you wanted? Why didn't he return it within the TWO weeks that he had to exchange it for the iPad 4? Etc. etc. There were MANY options open to him, but he chose to ignore them all. Yes Apple could have made things easy for him by changing the name BUT it was still his responsibility to buy the right product, and he had many opportunities to do that but he chose instead to blindly ignore them all. I guess at this point all he can do is live and learn. Next time hopefully he'll just send you the money or at least verify what he's bought before he sends it to you.

  • 442. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    carl wolf Level 6 Level 6 (14,040 points)

    "Lastly 'Apple Maps' is useless..."

    I do not believe anyone will argue that, however, in the iPad 3/iPad 4 transition discussion, it's a moot point.

  • 443. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    mickeyau Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    I think you'll find the S3 is still far more powerful and capable than the iphone, not to mention the unlocked RRP of the iphone is about $800 as well (this is in AU) for a base model. I might consider a windows phone next, one of the best phones I've ever had, a jasjam, was a winmo6 based phone. Very capable.

     

    As to your other argument, you're basically saying he's gullible, but frankly how can my uncle's limited knowledge tell the difference when he looks on the Apple site and can only see info on the new ipad showing the 4th gen and no info at all about the 3rd gen? You have to dig into the support section to see the specs and differences after launch. And by the time I got it from him delivered from overseas I don't think he'd get it back and to the store within 14 days. You're also assuming the store intentionally deceived my uncle, which is not true they were simply not aware of the differences because Apple doesn't even advise resellers of the differences and provides training when it's obviously required for almost identical devices.

     

    Sure you can say send a voucher/money which is rather impersonal but it still doesn't help a consumer who doesn't know better. If he were to buy it for himself he would never know until perhaps a year later when he can't use the latest iOS after finding out he was a generation behind already. There will be many in such a boat a year from now.

     

    And Carl, exactly why your post remains I'm not sure, it is neither constructive or on point. You've gone back to immature insults. Have a look at my posts, you'll see while I disagree with what's been pointed out by the isheep I don't sink to those levels. Funny how the mods decide to ignore such obviously useless posts.

  • 444. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    carl wolf Level 6 Level 6 (14,040 points)

    "I think you'll find the S3 is still far more powerful and capable than the iphone"

    Exactly how is this related to your complaint about the iPad 4?

     

    "how can my uncle's limited knowledge tell the difference when he looks on the Apple site and can only see info on the new ipad showing the 4th gen and no info at all about the 3rd gen? "

    It's up to the buyer to be educated.  Blaming Apple for the fact that you're uncle is not is egregious.  Too, if you're uncle knew that the latest product is the iPad4 - you know, the one with the totally different connector - and he decided to buy an older product, he should accept responsibility for his actions.

     

    " I don't think he'd get it back and to the store within 14 days. "

    A bold assumtion on your part.  The fact that neither one of you tried to solve this situation as recommended, was your personal choice.

     

    "Sure you can say send a voucher/money which is rather impersonal "

    I never said anything of that sort.

     

    "You're also assuming the store intentionally deceived my uncle, which is not true..."

    You implied the store deceived you - I did not infer it.

     

    "Funny how the mods decide to ignore such obviously useless posts."

    My thoughts exactly.

  • 445. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    MyMac8MyPC Level 4 Level 4 (1,440 points)

    mickeyau wrote:

     

    As to your other argument, you're basically saying he's gullible

    I don't know if he's gullible but from what you've described he certainly doesn't have any common sense or responsibility. Not trying to dis him, just going by what you've previously described.

     

     


    mickeyau wrote:

     

    how can my uncle's limited knowledge tell the difference when he looks on the Apple site and can only see info on the new ipad showing the 4th gen and no info at all about the 3rd gen?

    He's holding the 3rd gen in his hands looking at what is on the Apple site. At this point he could be illiterate and STILL see that the two tablets look different. That should have been his first clue.

     

     


    mickeyau wrote:

     

    You're also assuming the store intentionally deceived my uncle

    I'm not assuming anything. I'm going by what you've said pure and simple.

     

     


    mickeyau wrote:

     

    Sure you can say send a voucher/money which is rather impersonal but it still doesn't help a consumer who doesn't know better.

    How is it impersonal? When a loved one sends me a large check I think that's very personal and thoughtful. It also shows me that they want me to have exactly what I want, instead of what they wanted to buy. I'll take check over actual gift every day of the week. It saves me the trouble of returning things.

     

    For consumers who don't know better, it's probably best for those people to purchase directly from Apples web site.

  • 446. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    RipdOrff Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    When will Apple show some integrity with regard to this issue?

     

    To me, it seems very easy to provide some form of solution for the early take up iPad 3 customers. 

     

    Better still, use this as an opportunity to create a win-win situation as certainly the possibility exists to still make further money from these customers.

     

    The complaints here are quite reasonable...  c'mon lets see some action Apple, we expect better from you!

     

    What ever happened to Apple's innovative thinking... sadly it may well have disapeared with their fearless leader?

  • 447. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    tonto Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    I too was frustrated when I saw the NEW New Ipad. Many things upset me about the launch, which have all been mentioned here. I went to the Apple store and called Applecare in hopes to get my Ipad 3 traded in for the 4, no dice of course.

     

    The thing is, I was completely satisfied with my iPad 3 before I knew about the 4. I just really wanted because it's awesome! God forbid a company makes a product that's MORE AWESOME. Time passes quickly and before you know it the 5th generation iPad will be out and iPad 4 owners will be whining.

     

    Ultimately, you cannot hold it against Apple for releasing an even better product and advancing technology. Be grateful for what you have and try think of the people overseas putting these things together than can't even fathom being able to afford an iPad 1!!

     

    iPad 3 is a solid product, inside and out, and I will happily use mine for a long time to come!!

     

    And if it's that big of a deal and you HAVE TO HAVE THE NEW IPAD, take some initiative and go sell your 3. Apple devices have one of the highest resale values of any other product.

  • 448. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    MyMac8MyPC Level 4 Level 4 (1,440 points)

    RipdOrff wrote:

     

    The complaints here are quite reasonable... 

     

    LOL Reasonable? Apple did nothing wrong. Apple is a company, not a charity.

     

    There once was a whiner, and then there were more,

    they all whined about the launch of the iPad 4.

    They whined it seemed alas to no measure,

    they whined because it brought them great pleasure.

     

    What did they accomplish, what did they learn?

    With no free iPad 4, oh how will the whiners survive?

    Don’t fret, don’t worry, legend has it they’ll return,

    Soon enough with the introduction of the iPad 5.

  • 449. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    MyMac8MyPC Level 4 Level 4 (1,440 points)

    tonto wrote:

     

    Time passes quickly and before you know it the 5th generation iPad will be out and iPad 4 owners will be whining.

     

    Ultimately, you cannot hold it against Apple for releasing an even better product and advancing technology. Be grateful for what you have and try think of the people overseas putting these things together than can't even fathom being able to afford an iPad 1!!

     

    iPad 3 is a solid product, inside and out, and I will happily use mine for a long time to come!!

     

    And if it's that big of a deal and you HAVE TO HAVE THE NEW IPAD, take some initiative and go sell your 3. Apple devices have one of the highest resale values of any other product.

    Great points! Very well said

1 28 29 30 31 32 Previous Next