Currently Being ModeratedNov 26, 2012 1:17 AM (in response to Daz1761)
There is an Apple Support article explaining the steps you need to do this which I can't seem to find at the moment. Eseentially this is what you do:
1. Copy the Apple Remote Desktop Installer from the Installation disc to the desktop
2. Hold the Control key and click on the Installer icon
3. In the contextual menu that appears, choose Show Package Contents
4. In the package contents, navigate to Contents/Installers
5. Control-click on RemoteDesktopAdmin.pkg and choose Show Package Contents
6. In the package contents, double-click the Archive.pax.gz file to expand it
7. In the expanded archive, navigate to Archive/Applications/ and drag Remote Desktop to your Applications folder
8. Immediately run Software Update to update Remote Desktop to the latest version
Alternatively you could download the latest version of ARD Admin instead and have the package ready to install after completing step 7.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 26, 2012 9:50 AM (in response to Antonio Rocco)
Thats absolutely brilliantly articulated, those instructions should be on a blog or something :-)
Job done, all installed and on the latest version!