Currently Being ModeratedNov 26, 2012 4:52 PM (in response to mwoigdka)
Does the iPod connect to other networks?
Does the iPod see the network?
Any error messages?
Do other devices now connect?
Did the iPod connect before?
- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost
Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at
least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
- Power off and then back on the router
- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings
- Restore from backup. See:
- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.
- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.
Is this the problem:
If not successful, an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is usually in order.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 10, 2012 2:48 PM (in response to lllaass)
I'm having the same problem. My ipod isn't connecting to other networks, but worked just fine before. Last night it started acting up. It just simply says there is no networks to connect to. I reset the iOS device, Reset network settings, read everything in troubleshooting wi-fi networks and connections and in recommended settings for wi-fi routers and access points. Restored my ipod, and I don't know what else to do.