Currently Being ModeratedOct 4, 2012 4:53 PM (in response to Lukey Boots)
Here's how I solved the problem:
1. Go into finder (or windows explorer).
2. Find the Album Artwork file within your itunes file (usually "computer name/music/itunes/album artwork") I noticed that I had 3 files, "cache," "cloud," and "download." The Cloud file was empty. But the cache file and download file had the exact same information.
3. Open the cache file. That should reveal a file that is identical to the file that is revealed if you open the Download file. On my system that file was "5C376133A78DCCBE" (may be different on your system, I don't know)
4. Right click your mouse over the 5C376133A78DCCBE file and select copy.
5. Go back to the Album Artwork file and open the Download file.
6. Right click your mouse over the 5C376133A78DCCBE and select paste. Let it overwrite/replace the 5C376133A78DCCBE file with the same 5C376133A78DCCBE file.
7. Go back to Album Artwork, right click the Cache file, and select "move to trash"
8. Quit iTunes (if you had it open).
9. Hold down the option key and reopen itunes.
10. Select "choose library"
11. Go "computer name/music/iTunes" and select the "iTunes Library.iti" file.
12. If you see iTunes importing the album artwork, you've done it right.
13. Test the iTunes Album Artwork screensaver and hopefully it works for you like it did for me!
MacBook Pro running OSX 10.6.8
Currently Being ModeratedOct 23, 2012 9:30 AM (in response to Wes_Man_Tooth)
Genius, spent almost a day looking for this solution, and it worked.Thank you sincerely.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 17, 2012 9:35 PM (in response to Wes_Man_Tooth)
Nothing on this thread worked for me! (sigh) I had high expectations for Wes_Man_Tooth's post, to no avail.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 17, 2012 9:43 PM (in response to CF62)
Actually, many people have said if you delete all voice memos from your iTunes, that successfully restores the iTunes artwork screensaver. Give that a try.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 17, 2012 9:54 PM (in response to Wes_Man_Tooth)
I'll be damned, that was it! Thanks!
Currently Being ModeratedNov 26, 2012 2:20 AM (in response to Lukey Boots)
what if u need to preserve all your voice memos tho? lol... deleting my voice memos really isn't an option. will re-building the library alone restore the screensaver f(x) ality? tnx
mac os 10.7.4 with itunes 10.7 (21) on Mac Pro (Harpertown)
Currently Being ModeratedNov 29, 2012 12:02 AM (in response to Lukey Boots)
ok i tried that re-creating the iTunes library and it fixed the screen saver, but my iTunes library re-built totally wrong. SO much stuff is either missing or mis-labelled that i can't live with it like this.
i'd rather deal without the screensaver than having my library all messed up like this. so i restored the backup library.
this is so utterly lame.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 1, 2012 5:39 PM (in response to Wes_Man_Tooth)
Ok, now that I got the artwork back, how do I recover all the voice memos?
Where the heck is Apple's support on this?
Currently Being ModeratedDec 8, 2012 6:45 AM (in response to Lukey Boots)
Someting really easy and has worked for me :
- Select another screensaver
- Quit iTunes
- Go to your Music/iTunes/Album Artwork/ folder
- Go to Cache folder and move to trash anything you'll find here
- Go back to Album Artwork and then move to trash anything you'll find in Download folder
- Open iTunes using Option button and then choose your default iTunes Library (Music/iTunes folder)
- Choose Albums tab and select all items by Cmd+A
- Right click and select download illustration
- Have a break with a cup of coffee depending the number of items...
- It should work !
Hope it will be helpfull
iTunes 11.0 (163)
OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2
Currently Being ModeratedDec 14, 2012 1:44 PM (in response to Cornelius Norton)
Didn't work either...
I can't believe we're talking about an apple software running on an apple computer, that can't do a basic thing.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 14, 2012 1:51 PM (in response to Lukey Boots)
As mentioned already, I followed Apple's tech article for rebuild of iTunes library by importing the XML file and it COMPLETELY fubar'd my entire iTunes library. I spent a week cleaning it up.
Broken song & video links.
Missing album artwork that was previously all there and in order.
Songs mapped to the wrong files.
It was a nightmare cleanup!!!!!!!!!
I decided just to give up on the iTunes screensaver.
It ***** beyond that this stopped working.
But at least my iTunes library is working again now.
With a library the size i have, I simply cannot risk this kinda stuff.
Big thumbs down Apple on this. >=(
Currently Being ModeratedDec 16, 2012 9:33 AM (in response to Detrich)
I had this problem when I moved to itunes 11... I found that hardly any tracks had been 'checked' after the update also music wont sync when in un-checked state, when I checked all the tunes in my songs list the itunes screen saver came back on!
Currently Being ModeratedDec 31, 2012 2:05 AM (in response to Killasyougo)
Have you tried deleting all Voice memos (if you have them - as this started mine working again, but I then had to perfrom the rebuild HT1451 to get it show all Albums).
Currently Being ModeratedDec 31, 2012 4:47 AM (in response to AndyG29)
Deleted voice memos, it kinda worked for me.
Also I deleted the "album artwork" folder, and itunes had to re-find the cover. Now screensaver works again, but iTunes still have some weird bugs when I ask him to find covers (for instance, I select all the tracks of an album, right click and click on the cover art command [don't know how it's called in english] and then iTunes get the album art only for the first track, not for all of them). sic. I don't understand the relation between voice memos and album cover, and it's kinda frustrating for a computer sold at this price, I feel like i'm on a another OS ...
Currently Being ModeratedJan 23, 2013 2:13 AM (in response to Lukey Boots)
Just had the screensaver issue again. Hadn't downloaded any new Mac versions of SW, but did as you said last October and it worked!.(keeping it on file now ;-(
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points