292 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2012 11:09 AM by Christoph Drösser
Do you have Mac OS X 10.8.2 on your Mac?
Then you can use the built-in "Dictation":
- Enable dictation in the System Preferences "Dictation & Speech" panel and set a keyboard shortcut to start the listening.
- Open the "TextEdit" application and start a new text document.
- Press the listening shortcut (Fn twice by default). A pulsating microphone will appear.
- Now play a paragraph from the audio clip in GarageBand.
- Press the "Done" button in TextEdit, when the paragraph is finished. Textedit will insert the text it could understand. You will see no reaction while "Dictation" is listening. So do it in easy installments, not all text at once.
I tested this for German, English, Spanish. It works quite well, if the text is clearly spoken.