I tried doing a system restore to get my old version back. After the restore, the itunes program wouldn't work and an error message said to reinstall Itunes. I guess if I did that I'd probably get version 11 again. Is there any way to reinstall Itunes version 10.6 or 10.7 without ruining my library?
A system restore maybe will not cut it, as the iTunes library has already been converted to the newer version.
Do you get the following error: ITunes Library.itl cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes, then read on:
The older version of your library is under My Documents\My Music\Previous iTunes Libraries and is called something like: iTunes Library 2012-11-30.itl
Before you start make sure you have a backup
Best would be to remove the new iTunes version, install the older iTunes Version (v 10.7) and before you start the older iTunes you have to recover a previous version of the iTunes Library.itl file, to do this use the following steps:
Open up your My Documents\My Music folder.
- We will first backup the current version. Rename iTunes Library.itl to something like iTunes Library.itl.bak.
- Go into the My Documents\My Music\Previous iTunes Libraries folder.
- You may see several files that start with iTunes Library and have a date included in the name. Copy the newest file in the folder.
- Go back to the My Documents\My Music and paste the file from the previous step.
- Rename the new copied file to iTunes Library.itl.
Your library should now be restored to the previous version of iTunes,
Message was edited by: mjcm_nl