Skip navigation

iPhone 5 battery life is way worse than iPhone 4

757733 Views 3,606 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2014 7:51 AM by w3dzignMX RSS Branched to a new discussion.
  • HwyHawk1976 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 10:47 AM (in response to spyd4r)

    Thousands of users add email accounts and turn push off and gather emails by using either fetch r manual settings. That clip of your battery is the best i've seen in this thread (other than ppl posting their #s using strictly wifi r listening at music for hours). Hard to believe all u did was simply add an email account and set it to fetch..

  • spyd4r Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 10:54 AM (in response to HwyHawk1976)

    i'd say half of that usage was usage listening to mp3s with headphones while working.. so it's not really "using" the phone... but on the other hand a good 30 minutes of that was streaming audio over Bluetooth on my drive to work this morning.

     

    but i can on average with this new configuration get 6-7 hours of use and 15 hours of standby constantly..

     

     

    before i was always in the 4 hour range.. 4 hours use and i was running for a charger... atleast i can make it to work and back home now..

  • Keja3600 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 11:06 AM (in response to spyd4r)

    indeed,i understand that everyone here is trying to fix this but i think its clear we cant fix this with settings.faulty code is unfixable by consumers,the operating system needs to by analysed bit by bit untill the problem is found and then needs to be rewritten..apple has messed up beyond belief,which is why they were so fast to admit to the problems in maps.which imo are not that bad..that was just to cover the biggest problem:the problem we all have here.and dont for 1 second think this is restricted to the people on this thread.everyone i know with an iphone5 has this issue except 1 friend who actually gets amazing battery life.what shocks me is that when we return to the stores we bought them,they either try to convince you its YOUR fault,or they just look really sad so you feel sorry for them when they tell you they just dont know.if i bought a 1000 dollar toaster that only toasts half my bread i would get an immediate replacement.yet now im almost the bad guy for actually saying something bad about apple's iphone??thats north korean style,no?kim jong apple :D i work for a major electronics company (that i wont name here)that delivers parts to many phone and other consumer electronics companies and i know for a fact that when this happens to one of our parts on a major scale we go to defcon1 and work around the clock to fix it.that and a major "your *** is fired" session.so it amazes me that there is still no word about this.not just amazing but disgusting.apple is a very well respected company.but apparantly you,the consumer,gets no respect at all by apple.otherwise you would have known by now.but you know what,as long as those fools go camping in a line for 4 days to buy a phone while being clapped at by "geniuses" and treat a company as if jesus himself works there :D they will do anything they want.what would have happened if this were nokia? over and out,thats what! i always bought apple because they simply made superior products ! but this...this is just wrong.people spent their hard earned money on this,and we dont all make tim cook figures so...

  • spyd4r Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 11:08 AM (in response to Keja3600)

    kim jong apple

    Keja3600 wrote:

     

    indeed,i understand that everyone here is trying to fix this but i think its clear we cant fix this with settings.faulty code is unfixable by consumers,the operating system needs to by analysed bit by bit untill the problem is found and then needs to be rewritten..apple has messed up beyond belief,which is why they were so fast to admit to the problems in maps.which imo are not that bad..that was just to cover the biggest problem:the problem we all have here.and dont for 1 second think this is restricted to the people on this thread.everyone i know with an iphone5 has this issue except 1 friend who actually gets amazing battery life.what shocks me is that when we return to the stores we bought them,they either try to convince you its YOUR fault,or they just look really sad so you feel sorry for them when they tell you they just dont know.if i bought a 1000 dollar toaster that only toasts half my bread i would get an immediate replacement.yet now im almost the bad guy for actually saying something bad about apple's iphone??thats north korean style,no?kim jong apple i work for a major electronics company (that i wont name here)that delivers parts to many phone and other consumer electronics companies and i know for a fact that when this happens to one of our parts on a major scale we go to defcon1 and work around the clock to fix it.that and a major "your *** is fired" session.so it amazes me that there is still no word about this.not just amazing but disgusting.apple is a very well respected company.but apparantly you,the consumer,gets no respect at all by apple.otherwise you would have known by now.but you know what,as long as those fools go camping in a line for 4 days to buy a phone while being clapped at by "geniuses" and treat a company as if jesus himself works there they will do anything they want.what would have happened if this were nokia? over and out,thats what! i always bought apple because they simply made superior products ! but this...this is just wrong.people spent their hard earned money on this,and we dont all make tim cook figures so...

  • Keja3600 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 11:21 AM (in response to spyd4r)

    good thing we can actually still laugh about it,right? :D

  • Keja3600 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 11:34 AM (in response to Keja3600)

    oh and im not just bashing apple,i own so many apple products my house is starting to look like an apple store,always loved their products.ive had every iphone except the 4s,i own 2 ipads,a 1080p apple tv,a macbook pro for work,a macbook air for the wife,an imac as home computer(and have used macbooks and imacs since '2000) countless ipods that are all still laying around here somewhere.**** i even have a mint condition apple powercd hooked up to a bose system to listen to music(most people might not even know what a powercd is)

    so believe me apple,i do love you guys.but when it comes to phones this is the divorce.i just hope the rest of your products dont follow in the same direction

  • AlwaysLookin4Answers Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 11:37 AM (in response to spyd4r)

    I deleted my email accounts just to see. If I'm actually using the phone. It's draining at that same craZy speed. So this didn't work for me. Maybe if I was just playing music and wasn't actually using the phone.. Well then of course it won't do the draining before your eyes thing. I have seen people with good battery life which is why it's puzzling. The store is not going to give me any more replacements as I have gotten 5.. I say, replace them over and over until I get what I paid for! Don't try to tell me that I've done enough exchanges. It'll be enough when my battery isn't doing this!!!

  • spyd4r Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)

    5 phones?! ****, that's commitment.. that for sure shows it is not a hardware issue affecting only *certain* phones.. but either a hardware/software issue affecting all phones. and it is obviously made worse depending on the customers situation.

    AlwaysLookin4Answers wrote:

     

    I deleted my email accounts just to see. If I'm actually using the phone. It's draining at that same craZy speed. So this didn't work for me. Maybe if I was just playing music and wasn't actually using the phone.. Well then of course it won't do the draining before your eyes thing. I have seen people with good battery life which is why it's puzzling. The store is not going to give me any more replacements as I have gotten 5.. I say, replace them over and over until I get what I paid for! Don't try to tell me that I've done enough exchanges. It'll be enough when my battery isn't doing this!!!

  • Jameson! Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 11:47 AM (in response to Keja3600)

    1. MAYBE iPhone6 will be the fix (if they up the battery capacity).

    2. Yes I will.   I'm not as upset as many.   I have a charger both on the car and in my office.   I spent $400 for mine and not $1000+

     

     

    Keja3600 wrote:

     

    ok so let me ask two questions which i hope everyone here answers :

    1:do you believe this can/will be fixed

    2:if not will you ever buy another iphone since you kinda got screwed for a 1000$

  • AlwaysLookin4Answers Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 11:48 AM (in response to spyd4r)

    Right!???? I know! It's crazy that I've been doing that but I just am really not okay with how much I spent and how OFF from usage advertised this is.  I'm not delusional or expecting too much. I'd take 6 1/2 hours usage or 7.. But 4?? No go! I also don't want to just get my money back because truthfully I love the phone and it works so well for what I do for a living.. I just want it to work the way it should (as we all do) the replacements are excessive but.. Fix the problem! Ya know? And if you cant... Then say something! Frustrating

  • Keja3600 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 11:49 AM (in response to spyd4r)

    by the way anyone else notice that antennagate 2 is happening? very regularly losing signal strength to 1 bar or no service at all?

  • Keja3600 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 11:57 AM (in response to Keja3600)

  • Keja3600 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 12:02 PM (in response to Jameson!)

    ur actuyally damaging your battery worse by constantly charging it so good luck on that

  • Jameson! Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 12:03 PM (in response to Keja3600)

    No worries....  I can still buy another brand new i5 and still have $200 left over compared to your $1000.........

  • spyd4r Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 12:04 PM (in response to Keja3600)

    i dont know if i believe that entirely.. i used my iPod 3rd gen everyday for music on my way to and from work.. i would charge that every night even if it was only down a bit... battery was still fine after 2 years..

    Keja3600 wrote:

     

    ur actuyally damaging your battery worse by constantly charging it so good luck on that

Actions

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (60)

Legend

  • This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.