Currently Being ModeratedDec 2, 2012 7:45 PM (in response to DancinDT)
Currently Being ModeratedDec 3, 2012 9:27 PM (in response to DancinDT)
There's no ringtone library on Itunes 11.0v. Those links are outdated. I think apple is trying to make us pay for the ringtones. I guess this is how apple is treating their loyal customers. That's why I don't have Iphone, I'm android guy. I'm just helping my wife how to get ringtones. Please, let me know how to make your own ringtones?
Currently Being ModeratedDec 3, 2012 9:31 PM (in response to Madcow510)
Currently Being ModeratedDec 24, 2012 4:02 PM (in response to ChrisJ4203)
Yep, I can find tones but nothing about sync...
I failed more than 4 times to synchronize ringtones through iTunes (18.104.22.168) to my iPhone 4 (iTunes pop up: The Iphone "........." could not be synced because the sync session failed to start.)
Something that I can do about that??
Thnx a lot
Currently Being ModeratedDec 26, 2012 8:43 AM (in response to Edmir83)
Try closing and re-opening iTunes, it seams to be a problem when iTunes detects device over wifi
Currently Being ModeratedJan 19, 2013 8:04 AM (in response to Edmir83)
You would have sorted it out by now.
1. Go to EDIT =>REFFERENCE
2. Under General, tick TONES, then you will be able to see TONES folder...
To create ring tone from mp3.
1. Make sure your mp3 file playback duration is about 30 sec or less.
2. Add it to your library as you do with music.
3. Under MUSIC folder, select SONGS
4. Find the mp3 file you want for ringtone, right click it and find CREATE AAC VERSION
5. OPEN window explorer, browse to MY DOCUMENTS/MY MUSICS (XP) or Library/my music (Win 7), there should be iTunes folder in there, find the mp3 file... and change the file extension from [.m4a] into [.m4r]
6. Back to iTunes, add [filename.m4r]
Now you should have rinetone under TONES folder in your iTunes.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 12, 2013 1:01 PM (in response to TuyCa)
Additionally, while setting up the preferences, ensure you are using the AAC encoder (Under General, select Import Settings...).
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 14, 2013 6:34 PM (in response to DancinDT)
Great Youtube video shows how to make a ringtone.
It's for Windows machines, but I figured out how to do it on the Mac using the video.
Make sure you delete the new AAC file you create (watch the video to learn how to create the AAC file), or the ringtone won't show up on your phone when you sync.