Purchased and tried to setup a late 2012 Mac Mini (2.3 Quad-Core).
Current Wifi Setup
- Cable Modem into Airport Extreme.
- Airport Extreme (Base) is pushing to (2) Airport Expresses.
- (1) of the (2) Airport Expresses is underneath the desk where the Mac Mini is located.
- The devices currently on the network include: (1) MacBook, (1) Apple TV, (2) iPads and (2) iPhones. Everything is connected to the network and running properly.
One of the first things I attempted to do when I started up the computer, was join my home network. I searched for the network, found it and entered in the password. The Mac mini would not accept my password (the password is correct), claiming either password was incorrect or the connection timed out. I went to the Airport Utility and noticed the Mac mini was not locating/finding the Airport Extreme (Base), but was attempting to connect to the Airport Express underneath the desk. An important note the Mac Mini and the Airport Extreme are approximately 20 feet apart.
Here are some the methods I used to attempt a fix:
- I turned off the Mac Mini Wifi and reset all (3) routers.
- I updated the firmware of all (3) routers, reset them again.
- I updated the OSX to 10.8.2
I ended up loading the Airport Utility on my Ipad and taking it back to where the Mac mini was located. From the attached picture, you can see on the bottom the Ipad correctly showing the Network and the on top show Mac Mini still searching for the Network.
I ended up hooking the Mac mini though Ethernet using the Airport Express underneath the desk, which is a fix however that an issue if the wifi is not working.
I’m currently at work and will have a chance to work on the computer this evening, does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this issue?
Thank you in advance.