Currently Being ModeratedNov 30, 2012 6:55 PM (in response to ukheather)
Try this. (1) Starting at home screen (click the house icon top, middle). (2) Top right, click on Library button. (3) Next screen, top left, click the icon that says Music. It will pull up a menu where you can select Apps (also movies, tv, etc). (4) Click on iPhone (or whatever device you have) on the top right. It will bring up an old-style Summary page with device info. (5) Click on Apps, top center. (6) Old style list of Apps should come up. Right below it, check the box that says Automatically sync new apps. These seems to work for everything (old and new).
Currently Being ModeratedDec 2, 2012 4:40 AM (in response to ukheather)
Sun 12/02/2012 7:32 am.
1. XNCB's is the correct answer.
2. I wanted to thank the Apple Corporation and all its little dweebs for revising iTunes so everything's changed and users will despair and be unable to use it. I like to think *this* is the true convergence, as the company marches forward with Microsoft and all the other American incompetents into a totally-unusable future, where *every upgrade* will make functioning machines into useless junk.
3. I wanted to thank all the little programmers at microsoft -- oh, I meant, Apple, right? -- for making the forum work so I couldn't see THE )(*&()*& ANSWERS after I'd googled the question. This is the kind of expert super-genius programming we *expect* of the major leaders in western world corporate decay.
4. Similarly, I wanted to thank the forum programmers and *all* the apple mediocrities for making the forum password REQUIRE TYPING. No pasting for us peasants! We will *learn* !!!DISCIPLINE!!! and TYPE things in, letter-by-letter! Achtung! ... Fortunately I'd already reduced my password to an easily hand-typed collection of letters and numbers in honor of the obvious planned-devolution of the World of iThings, until eventually we'll be required to log-in with grunts.
-- jgo * owenlabs.org
Currently Being ModeratedDec 2, 2012 9:45 AM (in response to ukheather)
I think my issue may be the same. The Apps screen shows two buttons at bottom right: "1 Update Available" and "Get More Apps". Neither one does anything. Button down, button up, nothing.
Not so impressed with the update so far...
Currently Being ModeratedDec 2, 2012 12:50 PM (in response to AppleSux1311566458)
No, XNCB's answer is not correct. We're talking about app updates not syncing. Even if you download an app update on your iPhone, you still have to go and update it through iTunes.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 2, 2012 3:03 PM (in response to ukheather)
Found it ...
There are two ways
First way ...
1. Show the menu bar
2. Click View in menu bar
3. Click Show Sidebar
4. Click on apps at left side (where it alwasy was)
5. Use the update like you always used to
Second way ...
1. Click on Library on the far right
2. Click on the "Music" on the far left then hit "Apps"
3. Update like you always used to
Currently Being ModeratedDec 3, 2012 10:24 AM (in response to ukheather)
I have this problem since upgrading to iTunes11 - the "Get More Apps" button doesn't do anything and "5 updates available" button does nothing as well.
There are no messages, no errors - just "5 Updates Available". Click it, nothing happens. Is this button even wired up? Is the other one? Neither one of them do anything.
So what I do now is use App Store on the devices (I have an iPad1, iPad2, iPhone5) and then sync to iTunes - at least this way, the iTunes-local copies of the apps get updated too.
But I sure would like to know why on Earth iTunes11 isn't doing anything, at all - no message, nothing - when I hit those two buttons ..
Currently Being ModeratedDec 3, 2012 8:04 PM (in response to ukheather)
I just had the same problem... a bunch of updates didn't sync..
I then went to the Apps tab of my iPad and the button next to the size says "Remove" or "Install" and one of them said "Will update". I clicked that and all of a sudden all of my updates copied over.
No idea if I'll have to do that each time, but for this one time it seemed to work.
Check it out.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 4, 2012 12:44 PM (in response to scottjf8)
I have the same problem, purchases are not transfering automatically to itunes. You can always transfer your purchases manually by showing the menu bar, then file->devices->transfer purchases, but that is not the problem. The thing is that we used to transfer all automatically by just syncing, now we have to do it ourselves?
Currently Being ModeratedDec 4, 2012 10:29 PM (in response to ukheather)
Let me break it down as simply as I can for those with a obvious lack of comprehension.
1. You update an app on your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, etc.)
2. You sync your iOS to your computer that's running iTunes 11.
***** The updated app on your iOS device doesn't get copied to your computer. *****
You have to two options at this point.
1. Update the apps again through iTunes
2. File -> Devices -> Transfter purchases from "XYZ" device
This used to happen automatically when you synced an iOS device with the updated app.
Apple needs to fix this.