239 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2012 4:54 PM by CMCSK
And, don't think that just because it was two teaspoons and not a glassful that there is a difference.
Some liquid has just spilled into your Mac. What should you do?
- Immediately shut down the computer and unplug the power cord.
- Remove the computer's battery (if you can)
- Disconnect any peripherals (printers, iPods, scanners, cameras, etc.)
- Lay the computer upside down on paper towels to get as much liquid as possible to drip out.
- Note what was spilled on your Mac.
- Bring the computer into an Apple store or AASP as soon as possible.
- Don't try to turn it back on. Liquids can help electrical current move about the components of your Mac in destructive ways.
- Don't shake the computer (this will only spread the liquid around).
- Don't use a hair dryer on it (even at a low setting a hair dryer will damage sensitive components).
- Do not put in a bag of rice in as much as rice will get into the ports and optical drive and do further damage.