The problems associated with the Home Sharing error message that freezes every 15-20 minutes seem to be associated to rented movies (already downloaded into iTures AND movies that are ordered from Apple TV (ATV)). In my case I have tried:
1. Increasing output modem speed (from 3.10 to 4.19 Mbps) from my wireless provider, Comcast. No Help.
2. Checking for updates on my Netgear router. No updates were necessary.
3. Re-entering Apple I.D.(s) on both my iMac and ATV. They were already correct.
4. Powering off then on all hardware (i.e. modem, router, computer, ATV) in that order. No Help.
5. I was already on the latest and greatest updated software (as of 12/05/12). No Help.
6. Visited the support unit at my local Apple store. Really no help.
7. Turned off the firewall on my Norton internet antivirus software. (No Help).
My problem still continues....does ANYBODY have a suggestion as to what I can do to fix this mess?