Currently Being ModeratedDec 8, 2012 5:04 AM (in response to ralphy)
I would imagine converting to plain text before pasting into Mail would work; I keep a simple AppleScript in the Scripts menu for this purpose:
set the clipboard to the clipboard as text
Setting Mail to use plain text instead of rich text would probably also work.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 8, 2012 9:09 AM (in response to ralphy)
It does not happen if i select individual paragraphs, only certain areas of text are effected.
In an ultimate test, I will copy a selection here, and see if it still gives a problem. Sorry if the content is a bit personal, but it is not my problem or letter, and it has been depersonalised.
Your continued correspondence in the matter of Mr ***** trust fund is beyond satire and worthy of the electronic equivalent of a hook in a latrine. However, since you threaten court action, I have had to take up the matter with Mr *****, and he in turn with the Trust holders. For your erudition, the results of these discussions are as follows:
- The trust is for the benefit of Mr ***** children and grandchildren.
- Your client is neither a trustee nor a beneficiary of the Trust, and as such she has no right to any information on the Trust whatsoever, nor to any benefits.
- Your threat of court action (presumably to take control of the Trust) is laughable, and the Trust holders have declared that they will vigorously defend the rights of the trustees to administer the Trust.
- Should your client seek court action, the Trust holders will defend the case, not Mr *****. I think you will find them uncompromising in this matter.
- The Trust holders are in communication with Mr *****, and are satisfied with the Trust's administration.
- In the light of your client's involvement in turning Mr **** children against him, and their open expressions of paternal hatred to the courts, it has been decided to delay distribution of the Trust until Mr ***** prospective grandchildren achieve majority.
In return Mr ****** requires from yourself and your client:
- Notification of any impending court proceedings, so that the Trust holder can be notified. The Trust holder appeared bemused by your client's demands, and will vigorously defend the rights of trustees.
bcc Mr *****
* See point 8. in your original letter.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 8, 2012 10:04 AM (in response to ralphy)
I don't know too much about this, but I am beginning to suspect that the problem has nothing to do with format.
Something, most likely in the content, is probably triggering a spam filter that stops the transmission.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 8, 2012 10:32 AM (in response to Jeff Shenk)
>> Something, most likely in the content, is probably triggering a
>> spam filter that stops the transmission.
I did wonder that, as the last series of letters that would not send by email were on a contentious subject. But although this email is intemperate, I see nothing contentious in the above.
Besides, I have just retyped the letter into an email by hand, and it sent just fine.
I have had this problem with Pages about six times now, and never had it before when I used to use my beloved AppleWorks (I hate Pages, in comparison).