Currently Being ModeratedDec 10, 2012 3:43 AM (in response to iAmYourFatherLuke)
This looks like a scenario when user connectes to the Exchange using POP instead of proper Exchange account over activesync.
Can you confirm that you have POP disabled on your Exchange and the user has its Outlook 2011 set to connect via active sync?
Have you tried to remove the Exchange account from Outlook and re-add it?
Currently Being ModeratedDec 10, 2012 3:49 AM (in response to tzbikowski)
Hi, the account does not use POP3.
POP3 is enabled on the server, POP3 is used on other accounts, but the user mailbox has this feature disabled.
Also, the Exchange acount has been removed and reapplied, without any effect.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 10, 2012 3:58 AM (in response to iAmYourFatherLuke)
Can you check if the issue is system or user folder specific?
create a new user Test in System Preferences / Users
Log in as Test user and configure Outlook to connect to that Exchange account and see if the issue persists.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 10, 2012 6:27 AM (in response to tzbikowski)
Hi, I tried to sync Outlook in another profile on the MacBook. The issue does not occur in that profile, so it seems to be userprofile specific.
I've been looking at Outlook scripts to see if one of them could cause the problem (sometime users might accidently press a keyboard shortcut), but it doesn't seem to be one of the scripts.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 10, 2012 6:43 AM (in response to iAmYourFatherLuke)
you can take it forward by either rebuilding the main identity's database or
if that does not work create a new identity.
post back the results
Currently Being ModeratedDec 10, 2012 6:50 AM (in response to tzbikowski)
I'll try that tomorrow and post the results ...
Currently Being ModeratedDec 12, 2012 3:02 AM (in response to iAmYourFatherLuke)
So I did rebuild the main identity in Outlook - didn't work ...
Then I created a new identity - same problem ...
Being pretty annoyed, I did what every Windows Admin has learned the hard way and usually does - removed and reinstalled Office (also deleted the users folder "Microsoft User Data"). It's usually less timeconsuming and less annoying. Btw, it might have been enough to remove the "Microsoft User Data" folder, maybe I'll try that next time.
After that, the problem went away.
Thank you for the suggestions to resolve the problem ...
Currently Being ModeratedAug 15, 2013 3:24 PM (in response to iAmYourFatherLuke)
I found this and it worked for me too....
Outlook 2011 Moving Exchange Messages To On My Computer
I had a problem where Outlook 2011 was moving sent and inbox messages from the Exchange folders to the inbox under On My Computer. The solution was to go to Tools -> Mailing List Manager and turn off the rule that must have been set by accident.
If you simply open up the Mailing List Manager I noticed that it automatically creates a rule that matches your email address and then moves them to the Inbox On My Computer. I must have been going through the various menu options and hit return by mistake.