- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost
Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at
least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
- Unsync all music and resync
- Reset all settings
Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.
All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.
- Restore from backup. See:
- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.
- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.
Thanks for this suggestion
It did help me to a degree
I followed the precedure to reset the iPod
I did however lose some media.
But I can now re-load my music files onto my iPod from the iTunes library, drag and drop.
I couldn't do this before the reset
Interestingly, when in iTunes I still cannot see my iPod content. I can though see the update taking place
I can only see and confirm my iPod content by looking on the iPod!