Currently Being ModeratedDec 10, 2012 5:34 PM (in response to BagNDrag)
Glad to lend an ear, but you are preaching to the wrong choir here. We are just other iPad users like yourself and there is virtually no chance at all that an Apple employee will see you request.
However, someone will see it if you go here and make the request.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 10, 2012 6:01 PM (in response to BagNDrag)
Some things to try first:
1. Turn Off your iPad. Then turn Off (disconnect power cord for 30 seconds or longer) the wireless router & then back On. Now boot your iPad. Hopefully it will see the WiFi.
2. Go to Settings>Wi-Fi and turn Off. Then while at Settings>Wi-Fi, turn back On and chose a Network.
3. Change the channel on your wireless router (Auto or Channel 6 is best). Instructions at http://macintoshhowto.com/advanced/how-to-get-a-good-range-on-your-wireless-netw ork.html
4. Go into your router security settings and change from WEP to WPA with AES.
5. Renew IP Address: (especially if you are droping internet connection)
• Launch Settings app
• Tap on Wi-Fi
• Tap on the blue arrow of the Wi-Fi network that you connect to from the list
• In the window that opens, tap on the Renew Lease button
iOS 6 Wifi Problems/Fixes
Fix For iOS 6 WiFi Problems?
Did iOS 6 Screw Your Wi-Fi? Here’s How to Fix It
How To Fix Wi-Fi Connectivity Issue After Upgrading To iOS 6
iOS 6 iPad 3 wi-fi "connection fix" for netgear router
Apple's iOS 6 Wi-Fi problems
Look at iOS Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398
iPad: Issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3304
WiFi Connecting/Troubleshooting http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/wifi/
How to Fix: My iPad Won't Connect to WiFi
iOS: Connecting to the Internet http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1695
iOS: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4199
How to Quickly Fix iPad 3 Wi-Fi Reception Problems
iPad Wi-Fi Problems: Comprehensive List of Fixes
Fix iPad Wifi Connection and Signal Issues http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwWtIG5jUxE
Fix Slow WiFi Issue https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2398063?start=60&tstart=0
How To Fix iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch Wi-Fi Connectivity Issue http://tinyurl.com/7nvxbmz
Unable to Connect After iOS Update - saw this solution on another post.
Note - When troubleshooting wifi connection problems, don't hold your iPad by hand. There have been a few reports that holding the iPad by hand, seems to attenuate the wifi signal.
If any of the above solutions work, please post back what solved your problem. It will help others with the same problem.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 10, 2012 6:44 PM (in response to BagNDrag)
I'm running iOS 6 and I get alerts and push notifications when my iPad is asleep.
My friends are running iOS 6 and they get notifications when their iPad is asleep.
Something may be amiss in your network or your notification settings have changed.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 11, 2012 8:11 AM (in response to Demo)
Thanks for the Link. I've passed this along.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 11, 2012 8:13 AM (in response to JimHdk)
Thanks for the info. I think it is a combination of changes in iOS6 and our network. I have one iPad on iOS5 and it keeps the connection as expected. The one with iOS6 won't. I've downgraded to iOS5 on the same iPad and it works again. Odd.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 11, 2012 9:56 AM (in response to Texas Mac Man)
Thanks for the advice. Doing option #5 as you suggested has made things better. I'll report back at the end of the day how long it stayed connected. So far, so good.