Currently Being ModeratedDec 10, 2012 3:57 AM (in response to ccewart)
What account settings have you checked?
There maybe several reasons for this message, but for most posters here the problem have been, that the server did not accept the AppleID security settings: if your password is insufficient or the answers to the security not at least six characters long, you will get "try again later", without any indication what might be wrong, so check first this document:
Other reasons may be:
- Too much traffic at the App Store, really try again later.
- You may have used an image that cannot be printed - a corrupted or incompatible image file: to check for this, try to use the "Preview Book" button or to print your book to a pdf file. If this also does not succeed, try to find this corrupted image and use a different version.
- Your address information may be inconsistent with Apple's rules: check carefully your zip code, and check the "Language & Text" System Preferences pane: The region in the "Region" tab must be set to the country you are in, and the country must be the country used with your AppleID.
- Your credit card information must be correct and the credit card still valid.
- Check your security settings at My AppleID appleid.apple.com
- The password needs to be acceptable, at least eight characters and a number and an UpperCase letter.
- The answers to all your security questions need to be at least six characters long.
- Your Firewall or antivirus software may prevent the access to the store; you may need to turn them off temporarily.
- Change the security settings at My AppleID, if they are not correct, see Kappy's post here: Re: I forgot my resuce email and my answers for the security questions. I need help please!!
And your book must not have more than 100 pages.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 10, 2012 6:47 AM (in response to léonie)
I have checked every setting and changed my security answers several times. I am sure everything complies. If I do not click on the "OK" button on the message "Your account information has changed - Please review you billing information and approve it" then I get the "Uploading Order" message and a circle that indicates the upload is trying to occur. But this has been uploading now for over 14 hours! The book is 35 pages. If I click on the "OK" button on the account message, then the upload message goes away and I am back to the beginning and have to start over ordering the book. I have gone through this process MANY times and still get the same results - no succesful upload and no book ordered. This is very frustrating - how can I get my book? (I also spend 2 hours at the Apple Store Genius bar yesterday and they couldn't figure it out.)
Currently Being ModeratedDec 10, 2012 6:55 AM (in response to ccewart)
Is the preview of the book o.k. when you use the "preview book" button? Sometimes the book will not upload and hang after hours, if one of the image files is corrupted and cannot be rendered.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 10, 2012 2:19 PM (in response to ccewart)
I have also previewed the book and it is fine - I don't think there are any corrupted images because everything came through in the preview.
Is there another way to order this book? I have spent many hours to get it perfect (it is a gift for my husband) and now many hours trying to order it. It is so disappointing that this is not working and no one can figure it out.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 10, 2012 2:40 PM (in response to ccewart)
Please review you billing information and approve it"
There must be something wrong with the billing information. Is there anything marked in red? Are you ordering from an Apple store in the same country as your Apple ID is set to?
Currently Being ModeratedDec 10, 2012 3:21 PM (in response to ccewart)
I just reviewed the account information and there is nothing in red
The zip code exactly five letters? The "Language & Text" System Preferences pane "Region" tab set to US, credit card valid, your password at least 8 digits?
Your internet is working, and you do not have any firewall or antivirus filter active, that might prevent access to the store?
Sorry, I am running out of ideas,
Currently Being ModeratedDec 10, 2012 4:49 PM (in response to ccewart)
Yes, the zip code is 5 letters, the password is 8 digits and the credit card valid. But I don't know where to find the "Language and Text" System Preferences Pane "Region" tab. Can you give further info on this?
Currently Being ModeratedDec 10, 2012 11:33 PM (in response to ccewart)
Launch "System Preferences" fro the "Apple " menu. What is your Mac OS X version? On my system (Mt. Lion) the "Language & Text" is here:OS X Mountain Lion, 2.4 GHz I.Core i7, 16GB, 500GB SSD