Currently Being ModeratedDec 13, 2012 12:32 PM (in response to strata42)
Freeing Up Space on The Hard Drive
1. See Lion's Storage Display.
2. You can remove data from your Home folder except for the /Home/Library/ folder.
3. Visit The XLab FAQs and read the FAQ on freeing up space on your hard drive.
4. Also see Freeing space on your Mac OS X startup disk.
5. See Where did my Disk Space go?.
6. See The Storage Display.
You must Empty the Trash in order to recover the space they occupied on the hard drive.
You should consider replacing the drive with a larger one. Check out OWC for drives, tutorials, and toolkits.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 13, 2012 12:33 PM (in response to strata42)
There are a lot of different things that you can have eating your free space. You may have a lot of programs installed. I also believe that Light Room and other photo and video editing programs can take up a ton of space depending on how many projects you have and how robust your projects are.