Currently Being ModeratedMay 16, 2012 1:14 PM (in response to Michael Klima)
You will likely pay more than $129.00 to buy a retail copy of Leopard. You cannot download it from Apple. You can call Apple about replacement discs for the ones that came with the computer.
Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.
To contact product and tech support visit online support site.
For Mac App Store: Mac App Store Customer Service.
For iTunes: Apple Support for iTunes - Contact Us
Currently Being ModeratedMay 16, 2012 3:34 PM (in response to Michael Klima)
I need to reset the password
Here's one method to reset the password without the install disc:
1. boot computer and hold the "apple" key and the "s" key.
2. wait for terminal show
3. release keys
4. type without the quotes: "/sbin/mount -uaw"
5. press enter
6. type without the quotes: "rm /var/db/.applesetupdone
7. press enter
8. type without the quotes: "reboot"
9. press enter
This will let you create a new admin account when you reboot your computer.
Also, without the discs, look at Mac OS X Tip - No Password, No Root, No CD? No Problem.
Here is a way to get around not knowing the admin password on Macs.
To reset your OS X password without an OS X CD you need to enter terminal and create a new admin account:
2. Hold apple + s down after you hear the chime.
3. When you get text prompt enter in these terminal commands to create a brand new admin account (hitting return after each line):
* mount -uw /
* rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
* shutdown -h now
4. After rebooting you should have a brand new admin account. When you login as the new admin you can simply delete the old one and you’re good to go again!