Currently Being ModeratedDec 13, 2012 6:01 PM (in response to glenvdmerwe)
Currently Being ModeratedDec 18, 2012 6:55 AM (in response to JMAbeshaus)
Apple TV 3rd gen, I have managed to restore using iTunes 10, but could not get it to restore with iTunes 11. The restore places the latest version of 5.1.1 & os 6 on the Apple TV instead of the original factory software. Everything worked fine with the original software but since it has been updated it will not see any wireless networks or wired network.
How can I get my network to be seen again?
Currently Being ModeratedDec 18, 2012 9:20 AM (in response to glenvdmerwe)
You may well run into problems using an earlier version of iTunes if a later version has been used previously.
To restore your Apple TV 3, get yourself a micro USB cable (sold separately), you can restore your Apple TV from iTunes:
- Remove ALL cables from Apple TV. (if you don't you will not see Apple TV in the iTunes Source list)
- Connect the micro USB cable to the Apple TV and to your computer.
- Reconnect the power cable (only for Apple TV 3)
- Open iTunes.
- Select your Apple TV in the Source list, and then click Restore.
If when you choose restore you get a message that the device cannot be found, download the file below
Then hold down the option key while choosing restore and select the downloaded file when prompted.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points