Currently Being ModeratedDec 28, 2012 6:33 AM (in response to Denhamfromaus)
My Airplay icon is available on my MacBook Air (at the top of the screen) and on my iPhone (bottom button- double click and scroll all the way to the left).
Have you clicked on that icon to turn it on for Apple TV Just a thought ....
Currently Being ModeratedDec 28, 2012 6:50 AM (in response to Dartiesdad)
Thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention airplay is definitely switched on my Apple TV, all my devices are connected to my wi fi network.
I just checked my iPhone and my mini but the airplay option is no where to be seen.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 28, 2012 7:12 AM (in response to Denhamfromaus)
The Airplay icon is rather obscure on IOS devices.
1. Once you are past your passcode screen then
2. Double clcik on your iphone button (the one towards the bottom of your phone)
3. This will bring up all of your "running apps"
4. Swipe ALL the way to the left and you will see your volume control bar
5. The Airplay icon is right beside the volume control bar
6. Select the Airplayicon and select Apple TV and delesect iPhone
- this will allow your device to use your Apple TV as a mirroring device.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 28, 2012 7:40 AM (in response to Dartiesdad)
Thank you for reply!
Tried those steps just now was very odd the airplay button appeared for a minute on my iPhone next to my volume bar and then 5 seconds later it disappeared.
They are definitely unavailable on both my devices
Currently Being ModeratedDec 28, 2012 8:18 AM (in response to Denhamfromaus)
Yes that is very odd.... here is a useful link from Apple support
It is sounding like it might be a network problem when I read that link. I'm running my stuff through Apple Airport.
Best of luck, I suspect you are very close to a solution.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points