HT1339: Restoring iPod to factory settingsLearn about Restoring iPod to factory settings
Currently Being ModeratedJul 18, 2012 12:23 PM (in response to funnytime111)
Something else on your system is scanning your iPod's filesystem and storage. Do you have any sort of Antivirus/security software running on your system? If so, temporarily disable it to see if that makes a difference. If it does, check the vendor's support site to see if there is a setting you can enable to have it not scan the iPod.
Another possible culprit is any sort of encryption or indexing software that could be running in the background.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 18, 2012 1:52 PM (in response to planb77)
I tried to fix my security software so that it would exclude my iPod and itunes library from real-time scanning, however when i tried to eject or restore my iPod, it still comes up with the same error message. Also I don't think my computer has an encryption software.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 18, 2012 7:59 PM (in response to funnytime111)
Try temporarily disabling it all together to see if that helps. Perhaps you could provide a list of other installed software on your system?
Currently Being ModeratedOct 21, 2012 1:34 PM (in response to planb77)
My iPod is also experiencing this problem. I would be extremely thankful if some could help me get my iPod Nano 3 Gen back to its original state.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 23, 2012 6:59 AM (in response to Roxaswolf014)
What have you tried so far in terms of troubleshooting?
Currently Being ModeratedDec 28, 2012 2:28 PM (in response to funnytime111)
Go to your computer's System Tray and try ejecting. If you can't eject, there is an application that is trying to access your iPod.
Go to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx and download ProcessExplorer.
Go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555665 and follow the instructions under Resolution.
Note that this is a good, general process any time you can't access any file.
In my case an update to RealPlayer installed a program called RecordingManager that was accessing my iPod.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 16, 2013 6:28 PM (in response to paulj1x)
To Pauljlx - THANK YOU!! I've been goin' nuts trying to solve this same problem, and you gave me the solution! I didn't even need to download the files; I went right on to kill the Realplayer RecordingManager file! That was the one that was causing all the trouble! My iPod is now restored (although I'm having trouble getting it to sync, but that's a different animal!). Thanks!!