Currently Being ModeratedDec 26, 2012 1:28 PM (in response to Magdaddy143)
Using FaceTime http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4319
Troubleshooting FaceTime http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3367
The Complete Guide to FaceTime + iMessage: Setup, Use, and Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting FaceTime and iMessage activation
iOS: About Messages
Troubleshooting Messages http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2755
If no wifi connection, some things to try first:
1. Turn Off your iPad. Then turn Off (disconnect power cord for 30 seconds or longer) the wireless router & then back On. Now boot your iPad. Hopefully it will see the WiFi.
2. Go to Settings>Wi-Fi and turn Off. Then while at Settings>Wi-Fi, turn back On and chose a Network.
3. Change the channel on your wireless router (Auto or Channel 6 is best). Instructions at http://macintoshhowto.com/advanced/how-to-get-a-good-range-on-your-wireless-netw ork.html
4. Go into your router security settings and change from WEP to WPA with AES.
5. Renew IP Address: (especially if you are droping internet connection)
• Launch Settings app
• Tap on Wi-Fi
• Tap on the blue arrow of the Wi-Fi network that you connect to from the list
• In the window that opens, tap on the Renew Lease button
iOS 6 Wifi Problems/Fixes
Fix For iOS 6 WiFi Problems?
Did iOS 6 Screw Your Wi-Fi? Here’s How to Fix It
How To Fix Wi-Fi Connectivity Issue After Upgrading To iOS 6
iOS 6 iPad 3 wi-fi "connection fix" for netgear router
Apple's iOS 6 Wi-Fi problems
Look at iOS Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398
iPad: Issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3304
WiFi Connecting/Troubleshooting http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/wifi/
How to Fix: My iPad Won't Connect to WiFi
iOS: Connecting to the Internet http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1695
iOS: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4199
How to Quickly Fix iPad 3 Wi-Fi Reception Problems
iPad Wi-Fi Problems: Comprehensive List of Fixes
Fix iPad Wifi Connection and Signal Issues http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwWtIG5jUxE
Fix Slow WiFi Issue https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2398063?start=60&tstart=0
How To Fix iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch Wi-Fi Connectivity Issue http://tinyurl.com/7nvxbmz
Unable to Connect After iOS Update - saw this solution on another post.
Note - When troubleshooting wifi connection problems, don't hold your iPad by hand. There have been a few reports that holding the iPad by hand, seems to attenuate the wifi signal.
If any of the above solutions work, please post back what solved your problem. It will help others with the same problem.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 27, 2012 11:40 AM (in response to Magdaddy143)
Ok...here is a really screwy way I fixed my iMessage. I have two iPhones (3gs unlocked and a 4s via Sprint) and a iPad first gen. My iMessage has worked like a troooper on my iPad and I have never had any issues with it. I have been on all the chat rooms and forums discussing iMessage not working. I travel all over the world and it drives me nuts that it only works on my iPad; so today I wanted to fix this problem. I tried a chat with Apple support and Hedi is not much help. I reviewed all the things online in the forums and this how I started. I know these things have been said a million times but the ending is different for me.
1. Network reset
2. Do NOT sign back onto the network
3. Be sure to be signed out of iMessage and Facetime
4. Reboot iPhone
5. Sign into network
6. Sign into iMessage
7. You will probably get the "waiting for activation".....otherwise known as "waiting for aggrivation"
8. I sent myself a iMessage on the very device I am trying to get working
9. I got the message, eventually. It took about 5 minutes for the message to come through
10. Problem solved
I am OCONUS now and have the same problem. I followed the above steps but had to a "+" infront of the number to the person, assuming it is a stateside number you are iMessageing, not sure why this is important but it does make a difference and works great from here now.
Hope this helps. I wish Apple would come up with a solution that is concise and everyone can follow. I am just another aggravated customer who needs iMessage to work wherever I am in the world and when it does not it makes life hard.
Hopefully this helps someone out there.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 30, 2012 8:50 AM (in response to Texas Mac Man)
I backed up everything on my ipad to iCloud when it finished I went to settings>general>reset>erase all content & settings. My imessage and FaceTime is now working like new! Thanks much to apple customer service.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 21, 2013 9:06 AM (in response to Magdaddy143)
Had the same issue with my 4s and I tried every possible thing but there is just one solution to the problem:(suggested by apple support team)
Backup ur phone on itunes
erase all content and settings
Set up as new
Restore all your data from itunes.
Works wonders and solves all problems.