Currently Being ModeratedDec 31, 2012 7:26 AM (in response to theJaybo)
Yeah, same thing happening to me. I just got temperature monitor, and I found out that I am getting temps of 95 celcius (203 farenhiet) It's REALLY scaring me!!!! If you find out anything lemme know!
Currently Being ModeratedDec 31, 2012 9:01 AM (in response to theJaybo)
I AM SO HAPPY. I figured out how to fix this!!!!
1. get Temperature Monitor by Bresink
2. get smcFanControl - google it
3. Install them and get smcfancontrol to display the RPM up by your name (top bar)
4. Check your temps with Temp Monitor, mine were about 95 (203 f) celcius when playing Minecraft
5. Click the temperature and RPM sign the smc put on your top bar
6. change Active Setting form DEFAULT to HIGHER RPM
It makes your RPM go to about ~4000, which you still can't hear, but it brought my temps from an average of 95 celcius (203 f) when playing a game to about 57 (135 f). I am not kidding. It is amazing.
Make sure to turn the Active Setting back to DEFAULT after playing your game.
Do this every time you play, it might work the fans harder, but that is better than turning your computer into a heater.