Currently Being ModeratedJan 4, 2013 11:12 AM (in response to Djbusa)
- Does the manufacturer say it will work with the 4G iPod and iOS on the iPod?
- The configuration of the 4G iPod is different than previous iPods and on some docks the 4G does not fully seat in the dock.
- Does it charge?
- No adopters.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 4, 2013 7:40 PM (in response to lllaass)
the docking station was purchased previously and teh store said that the 4G would work on it hence we did not go to 5G as it required an adapter
no it does not charge
why are there noi adaptors if apple has changed the configuration? thanks Apple
Currently Being ModeratedJan 5, 2013 3:24 AM (in response to Djbusa)
Just saying an iPod work with the 4G iPod does not mean that it will work with all the different iOS for the iPod. Sometimes an iOS update will beak compatibility.
Is the iPod fully seated in the dock?
Sometimes this works:
- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost
Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at
least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
- Reset all settings
Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.
All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.
- Restore from backup. See:
- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.
- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.