HT1808: If you can't update or restore your iOS deviceLearn about If you can't update or restore your iOS device
Currently Being ModeratedJan 6, 2013 4:02 PM (in response to Captain Rex)
- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode
- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.
- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.
I had tried that before and nothing happened. My ipod restored and updated, and then when i unplugged it and restarted it, i was back to the plug into itunes screen. Ive done this process with different itunes accounts, and i created another user on my computer and just synced it. the results are all the same. its stuck in recovery mode, itunes restores and updates, then it goes right back into recovery mode again
Currently Being ModeratedJan 8, 2013 5:50 AM (in response to Captain Rex)
Restore loop (being prompted to restore again after a restore successfully completes)
Troubleshoot your USB connection. If the issue persists, out-of-date or incorrectly configured third-party security software may be causing this issue. Please follow Troubleshooting security software issues. .
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points