HT1688: AT&T online supportLearn about AT&T online support
139 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2013 7:31 AM by Ingo2711
Currently Being ModeratedJan 11, 2013 7:29 AM (in response to Stuga193)
Currently Being ModeratedJan 11, 2013 7:31 AM (in response to Stuga193)
Did you already try these suggestions?
In certain situations, iPhone may present one of the following symptoms:
- "Invalid SIM" or "No SIM Card installed" alert appears intermittently.
- Status bar displays "No SIM" when a SIM card is installed.
ResolutionIf you encounter any of the above symptoms on your iPhone, try these steps to attempt to resolve the issue:
- Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
- Toggle Airplane mode On and Off.
- Try turning iPhone off and then on again.
- Check for a carrier settings update. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, a prompt will appear.
- Remove the SIM Card and verify that it is a valid, carrier-manufactured SIM. Also verify that it is not damaged, worn, or modified. Then reinsert it.
- Restore the iPhone.
This might also happen if the phone has been jailbroken before, in that case you're out of luck.