My first try would be to uninstall Safari and redownload it onto your computer. Only problem is you will lose your bookmarks and history, however you can always write those down if you have a few and just re-bookmark them. GIve it a shot and let us know!
First and foremost - THANK YOU for your time and consideration. I immensely appreciate it!
If I unistall Safari - I will only loose internet based information? Will I loose any of my documents...etc?
And how do I do that?
Deleting Safari will get you nowhere. Unfortunately pop-ups are a fact of life. There are certain low lifes that employ pop-ups and pop-unders that at this time cannot be blocked. Most legitimate sites don't use them - perhaps your problem is where you are surfing.
So you would only loose internet based information, and actually with the new version of Safari, it may store them somewhere on your computer and re-import them automatically, I'm not sure.
To uninstall its gonna get a little complicated. You will have to be able to re-download from the internet, and without safari installed on your computer...well just follow these steps:
- Go here: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
- Download FireFox (this is only temporary).
- Complete the installation of FireFox.
- Be sure to test it so you know you can connect out to the WWW.
- Now navigate here: Finder>Go>Applications.
- Find Safari in the Applications folder and drag it into the trash.
- You will probably be prompted for your Admin Username and Password.
- Empty the trash.
- Open up FireFox and navigate here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1569
- Download Safari and Install it.
- Test it out.
- If all works, navigate back to: FInder>Go>Applications.
- Drag Firefox to the trash.
- Enter username and password.
- Empty the trash.
- And voila!
Hope that helps.
Ehh...dwb..I really wouldn't go saying that. I have done this account to numerous computers, and have not had popups on any since. Give it a shot. HOWEVER it could in fact be where you are surfing. Maybe first try staying off those sites for a couple of days and see what happens. If nothing, then try the steps above.
Sorry not to have responded sooner. Been slammed...
I'm not that much of a surfer, actually. I basically just check me e-mails and do my work. I mean - that not to say I've never looked for something on the internet, but I don't think it's that.