Currently Being ModeratedNov 18, 2012 3:14 PM (in response to srmdaman)
Five ways to eject a stuck CD or DVD from the optical drive
Ejecting the stuck disc can usually be done in one of the following ways:
1. Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the
left mouse button until the disc ejects.
2. Press the Eject button on your keyboard.
3. Click on the Eject button in the menubar.
4. Press COMMAND-E.
5. If none of the above work try this: Open the Terminal application in
your Utilities folder. At the prompt enter or paste the following:
If this fails then try this:
Boot the computer into Single-user Mode. At the prompt enter the same command as used above. To restart the computer enter "reboot" at the prompt without quotes.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 18, 2012 3:58 PM (in response to srmdaman)
Currently Being ModeratedJan 15, 2013 11:49 AM (in response to Wayne Contello)
Thanks so much for this link. My MBP SuperDrive was not recognizing a disk. No noise from the drive at all. Tried many suggestions for ejecting the disk, including the ones above, with no success. Went to your link, which is called "Troubleshooting the slot-loading SuperDrive". Followed a link to http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964?viewlocale=en_US which is "Resetting the System Management Controller" and followed these initial instructions:
- Press Command + Option + Escape to force quit any application that is not responding.
- Put your Mac to sleep by choosing the Apple () menu from the upper-left menu bar and then choosing Sleep. Wake the computer after it has gone to sleep.
- Restart your Mac by choosing the Apple () menu from the upper-left menu bar and then choosing Restart.
- Shut down your Mac by choosing the Apple () menu from the upper-left menu bar and then choosing Shut Down.
When I put the Mac to sleep in Step 2 and then did the wakeup, I could hear the SuperDrive starting up and trying to access the disk. I then did the Step 3 Restart, and the disk ejected upon rebooting! No need to go to step 4 to shut down.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points