Could be some of you iPad and router settings.
Some things to try first:
1. Turn Off your iPad. Then turn Off (disconnect power cord for 30 seconds or longer) the wireless router & then back On. Now boot your iPad. Hopefully it will see the WiFi.
2. Go to Settings>Wi-Fi and turn Off. Then while at Settings>Wi-Fi, turn back On and chose a Network.
3. Change the channel on your wireless router (Auto or Channel 6 is best). Instructions at http://macintoshhowto.com/advanced/how-to-get-a-good-range-on-your-wireless-netw ork.html
4. Go into your router security settings and change from WEP to WPA with AES.
5. Renew IP Address: (especially if you are droping internet connection)
• Launch Settings app
• Tap on Wi-Fi
• Tap on the blue arrow of the Wi-Fi network that you connect to from the list
• In the window that opens, tap on the Renew Lease button
iOS 6 Wifi Problems/Fixes
Fix For iOS 6 WiFi Problems?
Did iOS 6 Screw Your Wi-Fi? Here’s How to Fix It
How To Fix Wi-Fi Connectivity Issue After Upgrading To iOS 6
iOS 6 iPad 3 wi-fi "connection fix" for netgear router
Apple's iOS 6 Wi-Fi problems
How to Fix a Poor Wi-Fi Signal on Your iPad
iOS Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398
iPad: Issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3304
WiFi Connecting/Troubleshooting http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/wifi/
How to Fix: My iPad Won't Connect to WiFi
iOS: Connecting to the Internet http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1695
iOS: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4199
How to Quickly Fix iPad 3 Wi-Fi Reception Problems
iPad Wi-Fi Problems: Comprehensive List of Fixes
Connect iPad to Wi-Fi (with troubleshooting info)
Fix iPad Wifi Connection and Signal Issues http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwWtIG5jUxE
Fix Slow WiFi Issue https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2398063?start=60&tstart=0
How To Fix iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch Wi-Fi Connectivity Issue http://tinyurl.com/7nvxbmz
Unable to Connect After iOS Update - saw this solution on another post.
Note - When troubleshooting wifi connection problems, don't hold your iPad by hand. There have been a few reports that holding the iPad by hand, seems to attenuate the wifi signal.
If any of the above solutions work, please post back what solved your problem. It will help others with the same problem.
It could depends on both how strong the signal is from the wireless networks that your computers are seeing but you iPad isn't, and if there are obstacles around that could cause the signal levels to deminish. The antennas in a computer can be higher as they go all the way around the screen, and the iPad has less surface area then that for area for the antenna. So, that may be why the computers can pick them up when the iPad and iPhone can't.
Thank you Texas Mac Man & ZintainUSA for the input!
My rounter at home has both 2.4G & 5G and my house is small so it has no problem connect to 2.4G WIFI.
But when I come to office in downtown, the free networks around me (from hotel and coffe shop and store) can't be detected by Ipad, while my two latptops have no pblem to see them (1 or 2 bars out of 5) and connect to them. Both Ipad & laptops are on same desk, same reception for signal.
Since the company won't allow us to use personal device on company network, I have to reply on those free network but Ipad can't see them. Of course I can't do any chance to those free WIFI at router level, hope I can get a workaround to fix this.
Any solution/suggestion will be highly appreciated!