TS1398: iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connectionsLearn about iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections
TS1398 My secured home network won't accept my iPod I have a WiFi address for the iPod and put it in as a Mac Address and still doesn't accept it?Help Please
Currently Being ModeratedTS1398 Re: My secured home network won't accept my iPod I have a WiFi address for the iPod and put it in as a Mac Address and still doesn't accept it?Help PleaseJan 18, 2013 1:35 PM (in response to janice from sun city)
You said "I have typed in the WiFi address of the iPod as a MAC address" why are you doing that?
Does the iPod connect to other networks?
Does the iPod see the network?
Any error messages?
Do other devices now connect?
Did the iPod connect before?
- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost
Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at
least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
- Power off and then back on the router
- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings
- Restore from backup. See:
- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.
- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.