Currently Being ModeratedJan 19, 2013 2:15 PM (in response to wi yono)
I am assuming the browser you're referring to is Apple's Safari?
I've never used Adblock, but disabling it (uninstalling it if Disable isn't an option) would be the first thing I'd suggest.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 19, 2013 2:27 PM (in response to Mike Osborn)
Thank you for your answer.....
Yes, i use Apple's Safari, but the problem is in other browser too (like: Chrome, Mozilla).
Recently I remove Adblock but the problem is still there.
Sometimes at the end "Safari can not open the page"...
And then i'm waiting for few minute then refresh all going good but when i try to refresh again for several times come the problem again.
Please help me....
Currently Being ModeratedJan 19, 2013 5:33 PM (in response to wi yono)
A few things you can try:
- Reboot your iMac and see if the problem goes away.
- Try turning your firewall off and see if that helps. The firewall can be turned off by going to System Preferences --> Security & Privacy
- Your profile indicates you're running OS 10.8.1. The current Mountain Lion version is 10.8.2. Go to Software Update and make sure you've installed all updates. Reboot.
- Check your connection speed; sometimes, with very slow connections, graphics don't load for some reason.
- I don't use any other browsers, so I can't understand why this problem would exist no matter what browser you're using. Another reason I've seen this problem crop up is that the browser's cache didn't get emptied. To empy Safari's cache:
From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Advanced tab.
Select: Show Develop menu in menu bar
Now from the menu bar click Develop > Empty Caches
Currently Being ModeratedJan 24, 2013 3:27 PM (in response to Mike Osborn)
Hallo Mike Osborn....
Thank you for your answer....
- honestly, i don't know how to rebort my iMac, i'm scare then make trouble... hehehe....
- The firewall is off and i never change them.
- oooo... i have my profil not yet changing...
- hier is the speed test result, i don't that good or not
- i was doing, but nothing changing.....
Currently Being ModeratedJan 24, 2013 5:51 PM (in response to wi yono)
Your speed test is OK (for download speed, which is the important one...your upload speed is pretty slow).
To reboot, click on the Apple menu at the top left of your screen, then click on Restart. See if that helps and let us know here.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 25, 2013 5:59 PM (in response to Mike Osborn)
Hallo Mike Osborn.....
When i click restart is everything ok, there's nothing problematic, apple icon and then dekstop, everything ok....
Today the youtube website is not much of a problem, but google+ absolutely can not access....
Is it something to do with the upload speed?
Thank you for your advice
I have no idea again, i'm trying to find a solution on google, but it did not help.