Hello, I'm new to Mac- so I'm still learning how this works. We just got a new iMac with iPhoto 11 on it.
Now both me and my wife have our profiles for our own email/contacts/messaging etc.
Previously with windows, we had an external HD with all our photos organized by year/month in folders. We used picasa to sort through the photos, do the touch ups/cropping then upload them to the good ol' interwebs.
Additionally, we each had our own folder of pictures (desktops, screen savers, favorites) in our pictures folders on our own desktops.
Picasa was easy to direct to the shared external HD, and our personnal pictures were not. (my wife didn't like sorting though my bike pictures, nor me her flower pictures)
1. SO now, I've set up our 'Photo Album' in the shared folder on the iMac. Set up the permissions so we can both write to that folder. Will there be any issues if we both want to access those shared photo files via iPhoto?
2. When she is logged in, she see's my personnal photos. If we delete the photos from iPhoto under her profile, will they (the files) be deleted from my peronnal folder (which is in my pictures folder in 'my files')
3. Can we manage our personnal photos in iPhoto without the other having to see them? Different libraries? *I have downloaded and installed iphoto manager.
4. Does iPhoto work like picasa : If I move picture files from one folder to another, is the move reflected in iPhoto - Do those photos now appear in a new event?
5. With windows, when I imported photos, I had it set up automattically to copy the files to the external HD- then I would rename that folder with the year/month. I know if I import photos to iPhoto, they will show up and they can be managed in iPhoto. (here's where the other tread got long winded) As a new iOS user, this is hard to get my head around. I like to see the new files in the folder along side all my other files. Is there an easy way to do this?