thanks Peter, I'm working on some possible variables. Just now it worked perfectly. I could not get it to crash, no matter how many things I tried!
I'm a bit reluctant to mess with p-lists as I'm at a delicate stage in a book I'm writng and don't want to alter any settings just now. I'll report back when something happens. Thanks very much once again.
Rachel, a couple of thingsI tried...do one small modifcation at a time, then save that file and open again. Try to keep process simple at each step.
Also, I realised I was using an old version of Pages, albeit with updates. We have the latest on the other computer, but I hven't tried instant alpha on that yet. Sorry, not much help. Good luck. Keith