Currently Being ModeratedJan 23, 2013 10:35 AM (in response to mayank42)
1. Close all inactive apps in the Task Bar. Double-click the Home button and hold apps down for a second or two. Tap the minus sign to close app.
2. Hold the Sleep and Home button down for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 23, 2013 11:17 AM (in response to mayank42)
a while back I had the same problem. As people have probobaly said turn it on and off again , it might be a pain doing that all the time. So I suggest deleting all the apps you don't need/use mail and photos too.So you have as much space as possible.Update to the latest IOS if have'nt already?
Hope I helped.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 23, 2013 12:45 PM (in response to mayank42)
Frozen or unresponsive iPad
Resolve these most common issues:
• Display remains black or blank
• Touch screen not responding
• Application unexpectedly closes or freezes
iPad Frozen? How to Force Quit an App, Reset or Restart Your iPad
iPad: Basic troubleshooting