Currently Being ModeratedJan 21, 2013 10:07 PM (in response to heartwillwin)
Is this jailbreaking? If so, then i'll just wait for the public release of IOS 6.1 rather than doing some "harm" on my iphone 5.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 22, 2013 2:50 AM (in response to Dubai girl)
No, this is not jailbreaking....This will resolve "SMS not going from Sprint iphone 5 outside US"
Currently Being ModeratedJan 22, 2013 5:13 AM (in response to AppleStarBR)
my iphone too got this sms issue, so i restored my phone and i couldn't activate my iphone 5 via itunes but i do can activate via wi-fi from iphone.? anybody know why this happens?
Currently Being ModeratedJan 22, 2013 5:22 AM (in response to heartwillwin)
I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH!!! MY PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED! THANK YOU THANK YOU!
I can now send sms!
To Everyone who has the same problem, please just follow heartwillwin's steps as stated above and your problem will be solved.
I have now the latest IOS which is 6.1 and can now send SMS.
Once again, thank you so much HEARTWILLWIN! God bless you!
Currently Being ModeratedJan 22, 2013 5:47 AM (in response to heartwillwin)
I only have "check for update" option, instead of "update"
I tried to shift+click "check for update" but it only give me information "This version of the iPhone software (6.0.2) is the current version.
no file selection
Currently Being ModeratedJan 22, 2013 5:55 AM (in response to heartwillwin)
I just wanted to ask you that if i update my iphone to ios you mentioned as 6.1
So in future if i update to next ios software will it not agin create problem or it will be solved
And I also want to ask which is latest ios software 6.0.2 or one you mentioned 6.1 beta
Please reply so that then i go through your steps and solve my problem
Currently Being ModeratedJan 22, 2013 9:22 AM (in response to Ady Wardyto)
follow these steps carefully by heartwillwin.
I HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!!! DO EXACTLY LIKE THIS
- Update your Sprint iphone 5 to ios 6.0.2
- Power on your iphone 5 and connect it to itunes.
- Go to Summary at itunes and press "SHIFT" key and click on "UPDATE"
- Remember you DON'T have to click on "RESTORE" while "SHIFT" key is pressed.
- ONLY click on "CHECK FOR UPDATE" while "Shift" key is pressed.
- Now itunes will ask for ios file you want to update the iphone 5 to.
- Select "iPhone5,2_6.1_10B5126b_Restore.ipsw". This is the ios 6.1 BETA 4 for Sprint iphone 5(A1429) - But first you have to download this file. google it and download for free!
- Let the itunes finish the update.
- After the update, the phone will reboot and homescreen will show up.
- It WONT ask for activation of iphone 5 and WILL NOT display the message that device cant be activated as its not associated with Developer Account.
- Just insert the local GSM simcard of your country. I think you are an Indian like myself and any Airtel, Idea, Vodafone....etc will do.
- Try sending SMS/TEXT from your iphone 5 and VOILA!!! ITS DONE.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 22, 2013 9:40 AM (in response to Dubai girl)
@Dubai girl Thank you so much
@Karan050 Just follow my method and you won't have any issue. Later when Apple is going to release ios 6.1 Final Version, you can update your iphone 5 to that. There wont be any problem.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 22, 2013 10:17 AM (in response to AppleStarBR)
i came across some ebay seller who fix this sms problem. i wonder if this is safe and how do they fix it.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 22, 2013 12:48 PM (in response to islandboyz)
Why you want to pay someone for something which is absolutely FREE. Just follow the steps as I have mentioned and your problem will be sorted out. I assure you that 100%
When your issue gets sorted out, sure you can buy me a Coffee/beer...lol.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 23, 2013 5:34 PM (in response to Dubai girl)
Thank you so much from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Had the same problem with Telecom Personal
With the update I can now send sms....
Thanks once again,
Currently Being ModeratedJan 23, 2013 8:01 PM (in response to Dubai girl)
this ok, but fw 6.1 beta 4 is closed , and in vietnam , iphone 5 sprint ,we can't use cellular data or LTE. on the other hands. we can't even use sms by this way
edited by: NamLeHCMy
Currently Being ModeratedJan 27, 2013 9:00 PM (in response to heartwillwin)
After 6 days of using my iphone 5 with IOS 6.1 with your help, my iphone 5 now is locked!!! meaning, i cant use it cause it says, it requires activation and that the phone is NOT registered as a developer account!!
Any solution for this?
TO ALL WHO WILL INSTALL THE STEPS PROVIDED BY HEARTWILLWIN, JUST BE CAUTIOUS!! INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK! Thank you.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 28, 2013 12:59 AM (in response to Dubai girl)
Do not panic!
It was a beta version of 6.1 having an expiration date.
Now, Google for "ios 6.1 beta 5 iphone5.2" and find new beta 5 and download it.
Connect your phone to itunes and press shift+restore on the info tab of itunes.
Show the ipsw file you downloaded to itunes, that is all.
This one does not have an expiration date, you will be good.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 28, 2013 11:07 AM (in response to AppleStarBR)
@Dubai girl now you can download iOS 6.1, apple released the official iOS 6.1 :) cheers
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points