Currently Being ModeratedJan 23, 2013 7:03 PM (in response to ADarke)
Couple of other things you might check/try...
- Contact you carrier to be sure they aren't blocking premium or 3rd party texts (if they are it may be blocking the silent sms that your phone sends to the activation server).
- Try changing your routers settings to use Google's public DNS (see https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using).
- Sounds like you already did this, but make sure your date and time are set correctly.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 24, 2013 6:37 AM (in response to randers4)
randers4, thank you for the suggestions.
1) I have contacted Verizon and they are not blocking "premium" or 3rd party text messages.
2) The Apple ID login issue occurs regardless of wi-fi network location, or even if I am not on wi-fi at all. Router settings are irrelevant to this problem.
3) I have already played around extensively with date and time settings. This did not fix any issues.
Any other suggestions? I had another call with Apple support and they are of the opinion that I may need to have the phone totally replaced, which is unacceptable unless it is free of charge.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 24, 2013 12:50 PM (in response to ADarke)
This is a bit of "grasping at straws", but a couple of other things you could check include Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>My Info (in the Contacts sectiona) to be sure your contact is selected and that it includes your iPhone number. Also check Settings>Messages>Send & Receive, tap the ID, tap Change Location and make sure it is set correctly. Also make sure your primary email address is verified for your ID at myinfo.apple.com.
Not sure what else to suggest.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 1, 2013 12:21 PM (in response to randers4)
Checked all of these suggestions, still not working. Also upgraded 6.1, and this did not fix my problem. Very weird.