Currently Being ModeratedJan 24, 2013 3:43 PM (in response to Skagump)
To reinstall Snow Leopard requires the Snow Leopard DVD:
Booting From An OS X Installer Disc
1. Insert OS X Installer Disc into the optical drive.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Immediately after the chime press and hold down the "C" key.
4. Release the key when the spinning gear below the dark gray Apple logo
5. Wait for installer to finish loading.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 25, 2013 2:39 AM (in response to Skagump)
Unless it's a 17" you need the original discs. The 13" and 15" shipped with 10.6.3 at a later build than the retail DVD, so the retail version can't boot.
Call Apple customer services with your MBP's serial no. and order replacements for the original discs.
Correction - my other reference says the 17" also shipped as 10.6.3.
Message was edited by: noondaywitch
Currently Being ModeratedJan 25, 2013 2:33 PM (in response to Skagump)
I believe that may be possible, but I don't seem to have saved the reference I saw on another thread.
Time for someone else to chip in who's done it, I think.
Incidentally, the replacement discs should cost about $16 each plus taxes (not sure if that includes postage)
Currently Being ModeratedJan 25, 2013 2:47 PM (in response to Skagump)
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points