Currently Being ModeratedJan 25, 2013 1:35 PM (in response to LolSmiles284)
Get a new iPod. Either this or take it to the Apple Genius bar. When you dropped it, you probably damaged something inside that allowed wifi access. Sorry.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 25, 2013 1:39 PM (in response to LolSmiles284)
If not successful, an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is usually in order.
- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost
Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at
least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
- Power off and then back on the router
- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings
- Restore from backup. See:
- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.
- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.