Im on a Macbook Pro and my iphone 4S wont sync with itunes over wifi on my home network. It connects fine over my office wifi. Any suggestions in resolving this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
A little more information would help:
- Does it connect to WiFi at all at home?
- Did you set it up to sync wireless (connect with a USB cable, look at the Summary tab and see if "sync wirelessly" is checked)?
- Does the device appear in the sidebar when it's connected to your home network?
That should say "iTunes sidebar" above.
- It does connect to wifi at home autimatically, no problem.
- I do have it set up to sync wireless. I went through the steps again this morning to make sure, rebooted and it still wont connect via wifi.
Well, its working now. I thought I woudl just turn the airport off and on to see what happen and when I turned it on, itunes picked up my iphone. Maybe this will work for some of you who are having the same problem.
I have a PhD in physics and 30 years of experience in scientific research. I've learned that the majority of technical problems can be solved by "turning it off and turning it back on again" :)
Yep. I've saved more than a few $$$ in tech support fees using this technique :-) Thanks for your responses!
...and pardon the dyslexic attack in my previous post :-)
Retrieving data ...