Currently Being ModeratedJan 29, 2013 10:31 AM (in response to Pixie Gurl)
Error 1004, 1013, 1638, 3014, 3194: These errors may be the result of the connection to gs.apple.com being redirected or blocked. Follow these steps to resolve these errors:
- Install the latest version of iTunes.
- Check security software. Ensure that communication to gs.apple.com is allowed. Follow this article for assistance with security software. iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software issues.
- Check the hosts file. The restore will fail if there is an active entry to redirect gs.apple.com. FollowiTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting to edit the hosts file or revert to a default hosts file. See section "Blocked by configuration: (Mac OS X/Windows) > Rebuild network information".
- Try to restore from another known-good computer and network.
- If the errors persist on another computer, the device may need service.
Article TS3694 if you want to look it up on your own. :-)
Currently Being ModeratedJan 30, 2013 11:54 AM (in response to Leahlou44)
Tried all this still nothing still stuck in recovery can t even find the host file even tried tiny umbrella it does work either help this is a business phone can t loose all my info on it. Apples servers fault not impressed don't think I'll ever buy another
Currently Being ModeratedJan 30, 2013 2:40 PM (in response to Pixie Gurl)
I'm getting a different error 1602 still can't get it out of recovery 3 rd day
Currently Being ModeratedJan 30, 2013 3:30 PM (in response to Pixie Gurl)
Many of the errors posted in this thread can be caused by jailbreaking. When you (un)jailbreak your iPhone, you are tempting fate. You can get information regarding any iPhone error by searching on Google for "iPhone error 3194" - replacing "3194" for the four-digit error code in which you are interested.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 30, 2013 5:32 PM (in response to carl wolf)
It's not jail broken