Currently Being ModeratedMar 30, 2011 3:07 AM (in response to coopercarli)Hi,
I was looking for help with this same problem on my Wifes MBP but with Excel, while I was looking for solutions, I tried installing Messenger again, fixing disk permissions with disk utility, as well as other things, none worked. Then I was looking for where this nasty mbukernel file lived.
That was when I noticed that "Microsoft Excel.app" was in the /Applications folder instead of the "/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011", so I moved the Microsoft Excel.app back into the office folder and wallah it all works as intended.
Hopefully that will help yourself and others with this obscure problem.
KeithMBP 15" 8/500GIG, Mac OS X (10.6.7)
Currently Being ModeratedJun 17, 2012 4:24 AM (in response to kcsinclair)
Thanks Keith - I had the same problem but with Word. Your solution worked perfectly. Thanks for taking the time to post - you helped more than one person.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 30, 2013 8:50 PM (in response to coopercarli)
Thank you, thank you! This was my issue as well, except with Excel. I realized this was the issue when comparing the other system information/application information, but I wasn't sure how to correct it. Your post, along with a quick Google search showed me how to move the file to the correct location and all was well! Thanks again, as Deeceecee stated, you helped more than one person with this post.